LSTERRORs and alike...

  • Lazarus
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2009
      Hi! I'm new using the PCGen - and I can tell the program is amazing - and I followed the step-by-step lessons to build my own .pcc and .lst files. I'm unable to find an easy way to calculate characters progressions (or I simply passed by and didn't realize it), so in what I've not found in lessons, I've tried copying the .lst files and changing to create the .lst files to my campaign (character, equipment, feats and skills mainly). When I start PCGen, a lilttle window with some errors appears, telling me some errors I have no idea how to fix. Things like "SEVERE Invalid Token

      - does not contain a colon: '2' in Class X of Campaign: Test;
      SourceFile:
      file:/C:/Arquivos%20de%20programas/PCGen/PCGen5160RC2/data/Test/testclassesbase.lst" or "LSTERROR X(5) already has UDAM set. LSTERROR It will be redefined, but you should be using UDAM:.CLEAR" I really don't know what to do to fix it. Other "colon" term appears when I've tried to create some new spells: I want to create a new type of spells, different of the pattern Arcane/Divine, with new schools and subschools, but I'm not getting much success.
      Does the group have a file with this errors and explanation how to fix them? Can someone please help me with this?

      Thanks in advance,

      Tio.

      http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2009
        Welcome Tio,

        First off, welcome to the PCGen community.

        The lst files come in two flavors - the ones you normally mess with in
        the data or vendor data folders (Where all the finished data sets are
        loaded by the program), and then the less messed with GameMode lst
        files. GameMode files are where things such as saves, AC types, level
        progression, Spell DCs, etc. are defined.

        So if you want to know what XP you need for your next level, or how many
        skill points you can assign to a skill, the gamemode files are where
        those are found.

        In order to help you with your problem it helps to have the actual error
        message (Code Monkeys really love those error messages). The error
        messages have gotten really better in not only telling you the problem
        (Hey, you are missing something, or you need to use this), it also tells
        you which file and usually the line it encountered the problem.
        Also, you should go into the preferences and turn the full error
        messages on.

        You can post snippets of your code here (please omit any closed content
        stuff).

        UDAM is the Unarmed Damage - you find that code in the monk class.

        I have no problem reviewing your code if you want to email it direct to
        me, replies will be sporadic, as I'm at work for the next eleven hours.

        Lazarus wrote:
        > Hi! I'm new using the PCGen - and I can tell the program is amazing - and I followed the step-by-step lessons to build my own .pcc and .lst files. I'm unable to find an easy way to calculate characters progressions (or I simply passed by and didn't realize it), so in what I've not found in lessons, I've tried copying the .lst files and changing to create the .lst files to my campaign (character, equipment, feats and skills mainly). When I start PCGen, a lilttle window with some errors appears, telling me some errors I have no idea how to fix. Things like "SEVERE Invalid Token
        >
        > - does not contain a colon: '2' in Class X of Campaign: Test;
        > SourceFile:
        > file:/C:/Arquivos%20de%20programas/PCGen/PCGen5160RC2/data/Test/testclassesbase.lst" or "LSTERROR X(5) already has UDAM set. LSTERROR It will be redefined, but you should be using UDAM:.CLEAR" I really don't know what to do to fix it. Other "colon" term appears when I've tried to create some new spells: I want to create a new type of spells, different of the pattern Arcane/Divine, with new schools and subschools, but I'm not getting much success.
        > Does the group have a file with this errors and explanation how to fix them? Can someone please help me with this?
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        >
        > Tio.
        >

        > Veja quais são os assuntos do momento no Yahoo! +Buscados
        > http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com

      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 23, 2009
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Lazarus <cappadociancardinal@...> wrote:

          > When I start PCGen, a lilttle window with some errors appears, telling me some errors I have no idea how to fix. Things like "SEVERE Invalid Token
          >
          > - does not contain a colon: '2' in Class X of Campaign: Test;
          > SourceFile:
          > file:/C:/Arquivos%20de%20programas/PCGen/PCGen5160RC2/data/Test/testclassesbase.lst"

          This is most likely caused by a class level line which is either (a) before any CLASS: line in the LST file or (b) has a number which is not the first entry on the line.

          Legal (numbers always at start of line):

          CLASS:Foo <tab> TYPE:Base.PC <tab> ...
          1 <tab> CAST:1,1 <tab> ...
          2 <tab> CAST:2,1,1 <tab> ...

          Illegal (number 2 in middle of the line):

          CLASS:Foo <tab> TYPE:Base.PC <tab> ...

          > or "LSTERROR X(5) already has UDAM set. LSTERROR It will be redefined, but you should be using UDAM:.CLEAR"

          This indicates UDAM is being used more than once. This could be from the use of .MOD on an object, or from multiple uses on the same object (on the same line). If it is a .MOD, simply change:

          CLASS:Foo.MOD
          5 <tab> UDAM:1d6,...

          CLASS:Foo.MOD
          5 <tab> UDAM:.CLEAR <tab> UDAM:1d6,...

          What may be happening is that you have:
          CLASS:Foo
          5 <tab> UDAM:1d6,...
          5 <tab> UDAM:1d6,...

          in which case, the error will appear, and either (a) the first UDAM can be removed from the file or (b) One of your 5's should be something else (6?)

          > I really don't know what to do to fix it. Other "colon" term appears when I've tried to create some new spells: I want to create a new type of spells, different of the pattern Arcane/Divine, with new schools and subschools, but I'm not getting much success.

          You can post the errors or problems you are having, and we'll help out... or with something large like that, it may be helpful to have one of our data monkeys (like Andrew) take a look at what you're doing in the LST files.

          > Does the group have a file with this errors and explanation how to fix them? Can someone please help me with this?

          Unfortunately, many of the errors are not items where we can say "This error means you're doing exactly this wrong". It's simply that "We got something we didn't expect", which could have multiple potential causes. Post the messages here and I'll be happy to explain potential causes.

          TP.