Re: Damage Bonus with xdx expression

  • ullrich.kordt
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 21, 2009
      Hi Maredudd,

      thanks for the hint. Then I will be patient for a while. When are requeste with priority are to be expected to be implemented?

      Ullrich

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 21, 2009
        Hi Ullrich,

        FREQs are evaluated based upon what the coders can reasonably handle.

        - How much code needs to be changed
        - Does the FREQ have any data waiting on it (Data trackers pending)
        - What scope are we looking to accomplish for this cycle.

        This next cycle (Which started yesterday) we are looking at migrating to
        CDOM for our core engine. (Faster, more efficient and able to accomplish
        several items). With two full active coders and a few intermittent
        coders we are limited by how much can be accomplished.

        Time frame - CDOM migration will be between 6 months to a year. Each
        coder decides what extra FREQs they want to work on within a cycle. You
        can always ask a coder if they'll look at it.

        The best bet for now is what Eric suggested, using the SPROP tag. This
        is how we do the items with Damage that isn't active all the time.

        - Andrew

        ullrich.kordt wrote:
        > Hi Maredudd,
        >
        > thanks for the hint. Then I will be patient for a while. When are requeste with priority are to be expected to be implemented?
        >
        > Ullrich
        >

        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith" <maredudd@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Hi Ullrich,
        >>
        >> Well, PCGen can't currently do what you're looking for. There is a FREQ to add the ability and a spec to go with it. You can look at the spec here:
        >>
        >> http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Additional_Weapon_Damage
        >>
        >> Maredudd
        >>
        >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich.kordt" <ullrich.kordt@> wrote:
        >>
        >>> Hi Maredudd,
        >>>
        >>> you are rigth, but this is not the solution to my problem.
        >>>
        >>> I want the tag to work on the damage calculation as well. I want to realise an output for, lets say an composit longbow, in the damage section of the weapon column like this:
        >>>
        >>> 1d8+4 +1d6, ... , 1d8+2 +1d6, ...,
        >>>
        >>> Any ideas?
        >>>
        >>> Ullrich

      • Eric C. Smith
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 21, 2009
          Hi Ullrich!

          The Code and Data teams have already started the process
          of FREQ prioritization for the next development cycle. You
          can check the Roadmap, which you can find here:

          http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

          Of course, we'll need to update the roadmap to show the
          current status . . . :-)

          Maredudd