Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Damage Bonus with xdx expression

  • maredudd@blackroot.org
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 20, 2009
       Hi Ullrich,

      Try the SPROP tag.

      SPROP:+1d6 holy damage

      Maredudd

      -----Original Message-----
      From: ullrich.kordt [mailto:ullrich.kordt@...]
      Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 11:29 AM
      To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [PCGenListFileHelp] Damage Bonus with xdx expression

      Hey there,

      I am looking for a TAG in an eqimod file, which gives a bonus to weapon damage in expression of a rolled dice, like 1d6 for holy damgage f.e.. The value should also displayed in an os.

      I found the correct TAG for an constant bonus:

      BONUS:WEAPON|Damage|3

      f.e. But the dice value variant doesn't work:

      BONUS:WEAPON|Damage|1d6

      Any ideas? Thanks for posting!

      Best

      Ullrich
    • ullrich.kordt
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 20, 2009
        Hi Maredudd,

        you are rigth, but this is not the solution to my problem.

        I want the tag to work on the damage calculation as well. I want to realise an output for, lets say an composit longbow, in the damage section of the weapon column like this:

        1d8+4 +1d6, ... , 1d8+2 +1d6, ...,

        Any ideas?

        Ullrich

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, maredudd@... wrote:

        >  Hi Ullrich,
        >
        > Try the SPROP tag.
        >
        > SPROP:+1d6 holy damage
        >
        > Maredudd

      • Eric C. Smith
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 20, 2009
          Hi Ullrich,

          Well, PCGen can't currently do what you're looking for. There is a FREQ to add the ability and a spec to go with it. You can look at the spec here:

          http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Additional_Weapon_Damage

          Maredudd

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich.kordt" <ullrich.kordt@...> wrote:

          > Hi Maredudd,
          >
          > you are rigth, but this is not the solution to my problem.
          >
          > I want the tag to work on the damage calculation as well. I want to realise an output for, lets say an composit longbow, in the damage section of the weapon column like this:
          >
          > 1d8+4 +1d6, ... , 1d8+2 +1d6, ...,
          >
          > Any ideas?
          >
          > Ullrich
          >

          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, maredudd@ wrote:
          > >
          > >  Hi Ullrich,
          > >
          > > Try the SPROP tag.
          > >
          > > SPROP:+1d6 holy damage
          > >
          > > Maredudd

        • ullrich.kordt
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 21, 2009
            Hi Maredudd,

            thanks for the hint. Then I will be patient for a while. When are requeste with priority are to be expected to be implemented?

            Ullrich

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 21, 2009
              Hi Ullrich,

              FREQs are evaluated based upon what the coders can reasonably handle.

              - How much code needs to be changed
              - Does the FREQ have any data waiting on it (Data trackers pending)
              - What scope are we looking to accomplish for this cycle.

              This next cycle (Which started yesterday) we are looking at migrating to
              CDOM for our core engine. (Faster, more efficient and able to accomplish
              several items). With two full active coders and a few intermittent
              coders we are limited by how much can be accomplished.

              Time frame - CDOM migration will be between 6 months to a year. Each
              coder decides what extra FREQs they want to work on within a cycle. You
              can always ask a coder if they'll look at it.

              The best bet for now is what Eric suggested, using the SPROP tag. This
              is how we do the items with Damage that isn't active all the time.

              - Andrew

              ullrich.kordt wrote:
              > Hi Maredudd,
              >
              > thanks for the hint. Then I will be patient for a while. When are requeste with priority are to be expected to be implemented?
              >
              > Ullrich
              >

              > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith" <maredudd@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Hi Ullrich,
              >>
              >> Well, PCGen can't currently do what you're looking for. There is a FREQ to add the ability and a spec to go with it. You can look at the spec here:
              >>
              >> http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Additional_Weapon_Damage
              >>
              >> Maredudd
              >>
              >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich.kordt" <ullrich.kordt@> wrote:
              >>
              >>> Hi Maredudd,
              >>>
              >>> you are rigth, but this is not the solution to my problem.
              >>>
              >>> I want the tag to work on the damage calculation as well. I want to realise an output for, lets say an composit longbow, in the damage section of the weapon column like this:
              >>>
              >>> 1d8+4 +1d6, ... , 1d8+2 +1d6, ...,
              >>>
              >>> Any ideas?
              >>>
              >>> Ullrich

            • Eric C. Smith
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 21, 2009
                Hi Ullrich!

                The Code and Data teams have already started the process
                of FREQ prioritization for the next development cycle. You
                can check the Roadmap, which you can find here:

                http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

                Of course, we'll need to update the roadmap to show the
                current status . . . :-)

                Maredudd