Damage Bonus with xdx expression

  • ullrich.kordt
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 20 8:29 AM
      Hey there,

      I am looking for a TAG in an eqimod file, which gives a bonus to weapon damage in expression of a rolled dice, like 1d6 for holy damgage f.e.. The value should also displayed in an os.

      I found the correct TAG for an constant bonus:

      BONUS:WEAPON|Damage|3

      f.e. But the dice value variant doesn't work:

      BONUS:WEAPON|Damage|1d6

      Any ideas? Thanks for posting!

      Best

      Ullrich
    • maredudd@blackroot.org
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 20 8:39 AM
         Hi Ullrich,

        Try the SPROP tag.

        SPROP:+1d6 holy damage

        Maredudd

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 20 10:41 AM
          Hi Maredudd,

          you are rigth, but this is not the solution to my problem.

          I want the tag to work on the damage calculation as well. I want to realise an output for, lets say an composit longbow, in the damage section of the weapon column like this:

          1d8+4 +1d6, ... , 1d8+2 +1d6, ...,

          Any ideas?

          Ullrich

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, maredudd@... wrote:

          >  Hi Ullrich,
          >
          > Try the SPROP tag.
          >
          > SPROP:+1d6 holy damage
          >
          > Maredudd

        • Eric C. Smith
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 20 10:51 AM
            Hi Ullrich,

            Well, PCGen can't currently do what you're looking for. There is a FREQ to add the ability and a spec to go with it. You can look at the spec here:

            http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Additional_Weapon_Damage

            Maredudd

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich.kordt" <ullrich.kordt@...> wrote:

            > Hi Maredudd,
            >
            > you are rigth, but this is not the solution to my problem.
            >
            > I want the tag to work on the damage calculation as well. I want to realise an output for, lets say an composit longbow, in the damage section of the weapon column like this:
            >
            > 1d8+4 +1d6, ... , 1d8+2 +1d6, ...,
            >
            > Any ideas?
            >
            > Ullrich
            >

            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, maredudd@ wrote:
            > >
            > >  Hi Ullrich,
            > >
            > > Try the SPROP tag.
            > >
            > > SPROP:+1d6 holy damage
            > >
            > > Maredudd

          • ullrich.kordt
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 21 6:13 AM
              Hi Maredudd,

              thanks for the hint. Then I will be patient for a while. When are requeste with priority are to be expected to be implemented?

              Ullrich

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 21 7:18 AM
                Hi Ullrich,

                FREQs are evaluated based upon what the coders can reasonably handle.

                - How much code needs to be changed
                - Does the FREQ have any data waiting on it (Data trackers pending)
                - What scope are we looking to accomplish for this cycle.

                This next cycle (Which started yesterday) we are looking at migrating to
                CDOM for our core engine. (Faster, more efficient and able to accomplish
                several items). With two full active coders and a few intermittent
                coders we are limited by how much can be accomplished.

                Time frame - CDOM migration will be between 6 months to a year. Each
                coder decides what extra FREQs they want to work on within a cycle. You
                can always ask a coder if they'll look at it.

                The best bet for now is what Eric suggested, using the SPROP tag. This
                is how we do the items with Damage that isn't active all the time.

                - Andrew

                ullrich.kordt wrote:
                > Hi Maredudd,
                >
                > thanks for the hint. Then I will be patient for a while. When are requeste with priority are to be expected to be implemented?
                >
                > Ullrich
                >

                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith" <maredudd@...> wrote:
                >
                >> Hi Ullrich,
                >>
                >> Well, PCGen can't currently do what you're looking for. There is a FREQ to add the ability and a spec to go with it. You can look at the spec here:
                >>
                >> http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Additional_Weapon_Damage
                >>
                >> Maredudd
                >>
                >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich.kordt" <ullrich.kordt@> wrote:
                >>
                >>> Hi Maredudd,
                >>>
                >>> you are rigth, but this is not the solution to my problem.
                >>>
                >>> I want the tag to work on the damage calculation as well. I want to realise an output for, lets say an composit longbow, in the damage section of the weapon column like this:
                >>>
                >>> 1d8+4 +1d6, ... , 1d8+2 +1d6, ...,
                >>>
                >>> Any ideas?
                >>>
                >>> Ullrich

              • Eric C. Smith
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 21 7:39 AM
                  Hi Ullrich!

                  The Code and Data teams have already started the process
                  of FREQ prioritization for the next development cycle. You
                  can check the Roadmap, which you can find here:

                  http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

                  Of course, we'll need to update the roadmap to show the
                  current status . . . :-)

                  Maredudd