allow usage of weapon one size category bigger

  • Susan Dittmar
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2009
      Hi folks,

      I need to code an ability and could not find the correct tag(s) to use.

      I have a Small creature able to use, without penalty, Medium sized weapons.
      I know how to grant those weapons to it, but I do not know how to
      circumvent the 'wrong size' penalties. Any ideas?

      Thanks in advance,

      Susan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2009
        Hi Susan,

        BONUS:WEAPONPROF=TYPE.Martial|PCSIZE|1
        Allows a small character to use any martial weapon as if he were medium
        sized.

        Rinse and Repeat for Simple and Exotic.

        The alternate is
        BONUS:WIELDCATEGORY|ALL|-1

        This changes TwoHanded to OneHanded / OneHanded to Light / Light to
        Unwieldable (-4 penalty).

        Both should have the same effect.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17, 2009
          On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 4:07 AM, Susan Dittmar <Susan.Dittmar@...> wrote:
          > Hi folks,
          >
          > I need to code an ability and could not find the correct tag(s) to use.
          >
          > I have a Small creature able to use, without penalty, Medium sized weapons.
          > I know how to grant those weapons to it, but I do not know how to
          > circumvent the 'wrong size' penalties. Any ideas?

          RSRD "Powerful Build" basically does that. You can add that ability,
          or use the tags from it. :)

          I'm still trying to figure out how to do the CC "Monkey Grip" which
          allows the use as if it was a same size weapon, but still does the -2
          size penalty.