Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Variable with text value

  • Susan Dittmar
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2009
      Hi Tir,

      > I think you want DESC's %CHOICE substitution and a CHOOSE with the
      > stored names. Similar to what we have in 3.0 Ranger abilities?

      I will have a look at it this week-end. But I think this won't do what I
      wanted (though I might still be able to go another path and make it work --
      I got some ideas since writing my last post).

      If I understand correctly, this CHOOSE/%CHOICE stuff only works within
      *one* object. What I meant to ask for is a way to save the choice made in
      one object for refrence from another object. Or, to be more precice,
      have the chooser as part of a race and then using the choice in an ability.
      And this without having to code 1000+ abililities!
      (This number may seem big, but as the ability can refer to a *list* of
      spells, it might even be too low!)

      Thanks nevertheless for your hint,

      Susan

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 16, 2009
        Hi Susan,

        Email the issue direct please. (drew0500 at Yahoo dot com)

        I'll take a look and see what we can work out for you.