Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Variable with text value

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2009
      Hi Susan,

      The answer is a limited yes. You need to look at the DESC tag for the substitutions you can do. You'd need an ability for each one IIRC (Well for the name you want).

      Email me directly and I'll be able to help more if that explanation doesn't explain it better. (I'm at work so answers will be more sporadic, 9-1-1 callers never like schedules :P )

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 16, 2009
        I think you want DESC's %CHOICE substitution and a CHOOSE with the
        stored names. Similar to what we have in 3.0 Ranger abilities?

      • Susan Dittmar
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 16, 2009
          Hi Tir,

          > I think you want DESC's %CHOICE substitution and a CHOOSE with the
          > stored names. Similar to what we have in 3.0 Ranger abilities?

          I will have a look at it this week-end. But I think this won't do what I
          wanted (though I might still be able to go another path and make it work --
          I got some ideas since writing my last post).

          If I understand correctly, this CHOOSE/%CHOICE stuff only works within
          *one* object. What I meant to ask for is a way to save the choice made in
          one object for refrence from another object. Or, to be more precice,
          have the chooser as part of a race and then using the choice in an ability.
          And this without having to code 1000+ abililities!
          (This number may seem big, but as the ability can refer to a *list* of
          spells, it might even be too low!)

          Thanks nevertheless for your hint,

          Susan

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 16, 2009
            Hi Susan,

            Email the issue direct please. (drew0500 at Yahoo dot com)

            I'll take a look and see what we can work out for you.