Re: Customizing output sheets

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
      > > I've taken a look through the PCGen code base, but I can't see
      > > anywhere where we deal with a Base Magic Bonus token, since we
      > > don't actually provide it as a value it can't be referenced in an
      > > OS.
      > >
      > > What system does BMB come from again? It sounds like we need to
      > > add a feature request.

      > It's not in PCGen, that's why I'm working on adding it. It's from
      > RPGO's Legends of Sorcery book. I have an HTML sheet hacked
      > together for testing that works pretty well, but my group prefers
      > pdf sheets so I'd like to have one of those too. Adding the stuff
      > to base.xml is no problem, but the new style for the individual
      > sheets is beyond me. I just need to know what add and where to put
      > it to get the sheet to output the value.

      What are you using successfully for this value on the HTML sheet?

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
        > base.xml would be the logical place, how are you defining it there?

        base.xml is the correct place for adding the var token. The xslt
        files is where to add a call to use the var. csheet_fantasy_xxx_color
        files just determines the color, and calls the master files (or
        simple, which in turn calls the master). You need
        fantasy_master_std.xslt for what you want. An xsl/fo reference to
        where you put the var token in the xml.

      • raxthegrey
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

          > > > I've taken a look through the PCGen code base, but I can't see
          > > > anywhere where we deal with a Base Magic Bonus token, since we
          > > > don't actually provide it as a value it can't be referenced in an
          > > > OS.
          > > >
          > > > What system does BMB come from again? It sounds like we need to
          > > > add a feature request.

          > > It's not in PCGen, that's why I'm working on adding it. It's from
          > > RPGO's Legends of Sorcery book. I have an HTML sheet hacked
          > > together for testing that works pretty well, but my group prefers
          > > pdf sheets so I'd like to have one of those too. Adding the stuff
          > > to base.xml is no problem, but the new style for the individual
          > > sheets is beyond me. I just need to know what add and where to put
          > > it to get the sheet to output the value.
          >
          > What are you using successfully for this value on the HTML sheet?

          I added the following to a copy of csheet_fantasy_combined.htm around line 2905.

          |%VAR.BMB.GTEQ.1|
          |%|

          It works perfectly.

          Rax the Grey
        • raxthegrey
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

            > > base.xml would be the logical place, how are you defining it there?
            >
            > base.xml is the correct place for adding the var token. The xslt
            > files is where to add a call to use the var. csheet_fantasy_xxx_color
            > files just determines the color, and calls the master files (or
            > simple, which in turn calls the master). You need
            > fantasy_master_std.xslt for what you want. An xsl/fo reference to
            > where you put the var token in the xml.
            >
            > --
            > Tir Gwaith
            > PCGen LST Chimp

            Ah-ha! Seems obvious now, I don't know why that didn't click before. I can get it mostly kinda working, but I'm having trouble with the actual value. I can get the boxes to appear underneath the BAB boxes, but I can't get anything to appear in the one that should hold the BMB value. I've tried copying some stuff from an older xsl sheet I modded, but all I can get is a blank box. Any ideas?

            Rax the Grey
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009

              > Ah-ha!  Seems obvious now, I don't know why that didn't click before.  I can get it mostly kinda working, but I'm having trouble with the actual value.  I can get the boxes to appear underneath the BAB boxes, but I can't get anything to appear in the one that should hold the BMB value.  I've tried copying some stuff from an older xsl sheet I modded, but all I can get is a blank box.  Any ideas?

              Sounds like your xsl reference isn't pointing to the right part of the
              XML structure. I know enough to get around, but not enough to explain
              it more cleanly. Did you put the VAR token in the same place as the
              tokens you want it near? That's a good start. Or you can send me
              your XML off-list, and I'll see if I can get you a snippet to put in
              your xslt.

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
                Tir, if you have some free time I could use a hand in basic OS. I'd like
                to work on adjust somethings for a homebrew game, as well as something
                for 4e.