Re: Customizing output sheets

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 13, 2009
      Hi there,

      > tag. I have a modified copy of csheet_fantasy_std_grey.xslt and
      > I've tried copying the BAB stuff as it's the style I want. I'm not
      > getting anything to show up on the output though. I created a
      > custom sheet a few years ago for some Star Wars stuff I did, but the
      > current sheets are nothing like they were then so I'm more than a
      > little lost.

      I've taken a look through the PCGen code base, but I can't see anywhere where we deal with a Base Magic Bonus token, since we don't actually provide it as a value it can't be referenced in an OS.

      What system does BMB come from again? It sounds like we need to add a feature request.

    • raxthegrey
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 13, 2009
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

        > Hi there,

        > > tag. I have a modified copy of csheet_fantasy_std_grey.xslt and
        > > I've tried copying the BAB stuff as it's the style I want. I'm not
        > > getting anything to show up on the output though. I created a
        > > custom sheet a few years ago for some Star Wars stuff I did, but the
        > > current sheets are nothing like they were then so I'm more than a
        > > little lost.
        >
        > I've taken a look through the PCGen code base, but I can't see anywhere where we deal with a Base Magic Bonus token, since we don't actually provide it as a value it can't be referenced in an OS.
        >
        > What system does BMB come from again? It sounds like we need to add a feature request.

        It's not in PCGen, that's why I'm working on adding it. It's from RPGO's Legends of Sorcery book. I have an HTML sheet hacked together for testing that works pretty well, but my group prefers pdf sheets so I'd like to have one of those too. Adding the stuff to base.xml is no problem, but the new style for the individual sheets is beyond me. I just need to know what add and where to put it to get the sheet to output the value.

        Rax the Grey
      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
          > > I've taken a look through the PCGen code base, but I can't see
          > > anywhere where we deal with a Base Magic Bonus token, since we
          > > don't actually provide it as a value it can't be referenced in an
          > > OS.
          > >
          > > What system does BMB come from again? It sounds like we need to
          > > add a feature request.

          > It's not in PCGen, that's why I'm working on adding it. It's from
          > RPGO's Legends of Sorcery book. I have an HTML sheet hacked
          > together for testing that works pretty well, but my group prefers
          > pdf sheets so I'd like to have one of those too. Adding the stuff
          > to base.xml is no problem, but the new style for the individual
          > sheets is beyond me. I just need to know what add and where to put
          > it to get the sheet to output the value.

          What are you using successfully for this value on the HTML sheet?

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
            > base.xml would be the logical place, how are you defining it there?

            base.xml is the correct place for adding the var token. The xslt
            files is where to add a call to use the var. csheet_fantasy_xxx_color
            files just determines the color, and calls the master files (or
            simple, which in turn calls the master). You need
            fantasy_master_std.xslt for what you want. An xsl/fo reference to
            where you put the var token in the xml.

          • raxthegrey
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

              > > > I've taken a look through the PCGen code base, but I can't see
              > > > anywhere where we deal with a Base Magic Bonus token, since we
              > > > don't actually provide it as a value it can't be referenced in an
              > > > OS.
              > > >
              > > > What system does BMB come from again? It sounds like we need to
              > > > add a feature request.

              > > It's not in PCGen, that's why I'm working on adding it. It's from
              > > RPGO's Legends of Sorcery book. I have an HTML sheet hacked
              > > together for testing that works pretty well, but my group prefers
              > > pdf sheets so I'd like to have one of those too. Adding the stuff
              > > to base.xml is no problem, but the new style for the individual
              > > sheets is beyond me. I just need to know what add and where to put
              > > it to get the sheet to output the value.
              >
              > What are you using successfully for this value on the HTML sheet?

              I added the following to a copy of csheet_fantasy_combined.htm around line 2905.

              |%VAR.BMB.GTEQ.1|
              |%|

              It works perfectly.

              Rax the Grey
            • raxthegrey
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

                > > base.xml would be the logical place, how are you defining it there?
                >
                > base.xml is the correct place for adding the var token. The xslt
                > files is where to add a call to use the var. csheet_fantasy_xxx_color
                > files just determines the color, and calls the master files (or
                > simple, which in turn calls the master). You need
                > fantasy_master_std.xslt for what you want. An xsl/fo reference to
                > where you put the var token in the xml.
                >
                > --
                > Tir Gwaith
                > PCGen LST Chimp

                Ah-ha! Seems obvious now, I don't know why that didn't click before. I can get it mostly kinda working, but I'm having trouble with the actual value. I can get the boxes to appear underneath the BAB boxes, but I can't get anything to appear in the one that should hold the BMB value. I've tried copying some stuff from an older xsl sheet I modded, but all I can get is a blank box. Any ideas?

                Rax the Grey
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009

                  > Ah-ha!  Seems obvious now, I don't know why that didn't click before.  I can get it mostly kinda working, but I'm having trouble with the actual value.  I can get the boxes to appear underneath the BAB boxes, but I can't get anything to appear in the one that should hold the BMB value.  I've tried copying some stuff from an older xsl sheet I modded, but all I can get is a blank box.  Any ideas?

                  Sounds like your xsl reference isn't pointing to the right part of the
                  XML structure. I know enough to get around, but not enough to explain
                  it more cleanly. Did you put the VAR token in the same place as the
                  tokens you want it near? That's a good start. Or you can send me
                  your XML off-list, and I'll see if I can get you a snippet to put in
                  your xslt.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 14, 2009
                    Tir, if you have some free time I could use a hand in basic OS. I'd like
                    to work on adjust somethings for a homebrew game, as well as something
                    for 4e.