Weapon Focus copied doesn't work!

  • acedashdog
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2009
      Hi

      I have in my game a character class which earns a feat called Mastered Weapon which combines Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization. Easy thought I; Copy off Weapon Focus, add BONUS:WEAPONPROF=|DAMAGE|2| to it and voila!

      er, no. Complete lack of any bonuses to the selected weapons at all.

      So as a test I simply copied off Weapon Focus in the List Editor, and saved it, no changes made, as Copy Of Weapon Focus. Apply it to a weapon and it does nothing!

      Yet if I fudge up the character's feat allocation and add the original 2 feats both work. WTF?

      The code I used is here

      Mastered Weapon CATEGORY:FEAT COST:1.0 MULT:Y VISIBLE:YES DESC:The character adds +1 to all attack and +2 to all damage rolls the character makes using the selected weapon. BONUS:WEAPONPROF=|DAMAGE-SHORTRANGE|2 BONUS:WEAPONPROF=|DAMAGE|2|TYPE=NOTRANGED BONUS:WEAPONPROF=|TOHIT|1 CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|ADD.Ray|ADD.Grapple|LIST PREATT:1 PREFEAT:1,Master of Weapons TYPE:CUSTOM SOURCEPAGE:Alair

      Any suggestions please? Much appreciated. This is PCGEN 5.10 by the way
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2009
        > thought I; Copy off Weapon Focus, add BONUS:WEAPONPROF=|DAMAGE|2| to it

        Well... it doesn't have a clue what weapons to BONUS since you're not
        telling it that information.

        IOW, the WEAPONPROF= part needs a target.

        Change it to WEAPONPROF=%LIST and you'll be amazed at what happens.

        Barak
      • acedashdog
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2009
          And just like that it worked. An answer from the Master. Thanks Barak.

          It wasn't all me though; I went back and tested it again, and when I copy off Weapon Focus with the List Editor, the %LIST bit does disappear; so it is bug in the editor. Probably long fixed in whatever the current version is.

          Heyho, it works, off to game I go :)