QUALIFY with FEAT TYPE

  • Andrew Wardell
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 1, 2009
      I'm hoping that I've missed something here, but I can't get QUALIFY
      to work with a set of Feats.

      I'm creating a class with a class feature that allows it to
      automatically qualify for Feats with the type 'Bloodline'. Normally,
      these feats can only be taken at level 1, but this class has a racial
      memory of sorts. (I have a number of feats I've added that have this
      type).

      I've tried:
      QUALIFY:FEAT|TYPE=Bloodline
      QUALIFY:FEAT|TYPE.Bloodline
      QUALIFY:ABILITY=FEAT|TYPE=Bloodline
      QUALIFY:ABILITY=FEAT|TYPE.Bloodline

      All throw an exception at the TYPE indicator. So now I'm reduced to
      including every 'Bloodline' Feat in a piped list. That works, but
      will make maintenance more difficult.

      Is it possible to get QUALIFY to look at a Type? Or is the full
      piped list the only way to go?

      On an unrelated issue, is there any way to have PCGen pop up a
      message when a class level is taken (or for that matter a feat, or
      template, or whatever)? I have a prestige class that grants
      additional spells into the character's spellbook, and I'd like to
      simply have a popup remind the character to add them when they take
      the appropriate level.

      Andrew Wardell
      andrew.wardell@...
    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 1, 2009
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Wardell" <andrew.wardell@...> wrote:

        > All throw an exception at the TYPE indicator. So now I'm reduced to
        > including every 'Bloodline' Feat in a piped list. That works, but
        > will make maintenance more difficult.
        >
        > Is it possible to get QUALIFY to look at a Type? Or is the full
        > piped list the only way to go?

        At the moment, QUALIFY does not support TYPE=

        TM, FREQ please

        > On an unrelated issue, is there any way to have PCGen pop up a
        > message when a class level is taken (or for that matter a feat, or
        > template, or whatever)? I have a prestige class that grants
        > additional spells into the character's spellbook, and I'd like to
        > simply have a popup remind the character to add them when they take
        > the appropriate level.

        Not at the moment. There is an existing feature request for a POPUP token that would probably cover what you are looking for

        TP.
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 1, 2009
          2725304 Add support 'TYPE=' for QUALIFY
          <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2725304&group_id=25576&atid=384722>