Pathfinder Monster Races - Random First Level HP Roll

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2009
      Hi there:

      I am trying to make it so that when I choose a race and give it levels in the Animal class, I can force the first level to be random instead of Maximum HP?

      I've been through the doc, but may have missed if this is possible.

      Thnaks
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2009
        You need to go into preferences, you may choose a random roll, a
        percentage and of course the Max HP at 1st level check box.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        Eric wrote:
        > Hi there:
        >
        > I am trying to make it so that when I choose a race and give it levels in the Animal class, I can force the first level to be random instead of Maximum HP?
        >
        > I've been through the doc, but may have missed if this is possible.
        >
        > Thnaks

      • Eric
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2009
          Cool, it keeps the different HPs without forcing the change on the monster, which works, though I am going to have to do a lot of switching.

          However, this should be set-able per race or class. This way we can automatically handle different roles in the game differently.

          For instance, in my game I give heroes the full die at first level plus their Pathfinder racial HP bonus, there are also hero NPCs that get the same. Regular NPCs get a random roll at first level plus the racial HP bonus. Mooks and monsters only get the random HP roll (I may change Mooks to a percentage of the die to make them a little more easy. They also always die on any crit).

          This is just an idea. So far this may be one of the best open projects around.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2009
            Hi Eric,

            I merely gave a simple solution that handles your PCs, so that shouldn't
            involve a lot of switching, if you want to get more complex you should
            definitely check out the docs. You can set the HP based upon the Class
            TYPE. The HITDIE tag has the optional who it gets applied too.

            You can also make more than one template to handle all your different
            configurations.

            The preferences are global, you'd need to change that if you want
            different outcomes. For HP effecting, template is the better method when
            changing the die size.

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin