Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: How to assign aberration feats?

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
      Sounds like it's getting the feat from somewhere else. If you take those
      tags out of the kit entirely does it go away? What you should then see
      in the Feats tab is an empty pool for Aberration Proficiency which you
      should be able to manually add Simple Weapons Proficiency. If you can't
      because it's already added to the general feat pool it must be coming
      from the race or some other object.
      -Eddy

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Board of Directors
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
        To be clear, I'm looking at the Feats & Abilities tab in the standrd
        PCGen interface. On the left is a list of available feats displayed by
        Type/Name, on the right is a list of assigned feats displayed by
        Category/Name

        I tried you test...

        Removing the line from the kit.lst removes the feat from the list on
        the right. The feat is still an available feat in the list on the
        left, but has not been "taken" by the creature. If I add the line back
        into the kit.lst the feat appears on the right in the general feat
        pool, not in the aberration proficiency pool

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
          OK, just tried it out and I've replicated what you are seeing. Looks
          like you found a bug of some sort, I'll investigate and open a tracker.
          Thanks for your persistence.
          -Eddy

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
            I've trackered this problem:
            [ 2655716 ] ABILITY Kit tag broken
            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2655716&group_id=25576&atid=384719

            Thanks again, it's a great help to us when our user identify a problem.

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
              Hi Dennis,

              I thought you referring to the OS - Output Sheet, which the preview tab
              and character tab mimic.

              Yes, you can add different groups easily. You need to read up on
              ABILITYCATEGORY

              ABILITYCATEGORY:Fighter Feat <> TYPE:Fighter <> CATEGORY:FEAT <<>
              VISIBLE:QUALIFY

              That's a shortened example. That will create an group called Fighter Feat.

              Looks like Eddy has found a bug from your persistence... Keep up the
              good work. Just to let you know, James has fixed the Kit not apply
              skills bug. So the latest autobuild 'should' have that fix.

              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin