Re: How to assign aberration feats?

  • dloyer4
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
      This didn't seem to work as expected. The Simple Weapons Proficiency
      feat appears under the list of feats the creature has selected, but it
      does not appear to have been taken from the Aberration Proficiency
      category. In fact there's no difference in the results from doing it
      this way from doing it with FEAT:Simple Weapons Proficiency.

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...>

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
        Hi Dennis,

        The Feats and Abilities aren't separated on the OS, where they show
        differently is in the tabs. The main idea of the OS is to show what
        Feats and Abilities you do have, unfortunately getting higher detail on
        the OS requires a lot more work.

        Abilities we've made show up as either Special Qualities or Special
        Attacks on the OS, other variants have Mutations showing up as it's own
        Block. Getting it to sort by 'group' would require some effort. You also
        have one block that remains "Special Abilities" which only puts things
        from the SAB tag.

        If you'd like this type of functionality, it is usually "easier" to mess
        around with the OS sheets yourself, and if you get something that looks
        nice, then you can submit it. I say easier because we just don't have
        many OS Monkeys free to do any work.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
          Just to be clear, when you refer to OS, you mean the Character Sheet
          or Preview page? Or do you mean the PCGen interface with the Summary
          tab, Race tab, Class tab, etc.?

          I'm referring to the PCGen interface screen and the Feats tab. If this
          is what you're referring to, I wasn't aware this could be modified by
          a user...where can I find info on that?

          <drew0500@...> wrote:

          > Hi Dennis,
          >
          > The Feats and Abilities aren't separated on the OS, where they show
          > differently is in the tabs. The main idea of the OS is to show what
          > Feats and Abilities you do have, unfortunately getting higher detail
          on
          > the OS requires a lot more work.
          >
          > Abilities we've made show up as either Special Qualities or Special
          > Attacks on the OS, other variants have Mutations showing up as it's
          own
          > Block. Getting it to sort by 'group' would require some effort. You
          also
          > have one block that remains "Special Abilities" which only puts
          things
          > from the SAB tag.
          >
          > If you'd like this type of functionality, it is usually "easier" to
          mess
          > around with the OS sheets yourself, and if you get something that
          looks
          > nice, then you can submit it. I say easier because we just don't
          have
          > many OS Monkeys free to do any work.

          > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
          >

          > dloyer4 wrote:
          > > This didn't seem to work as expected. The Simple Weapons
          Proficiency
          > > feat appears under the list of feats the creature has selected,
          but it
          > > does not appear to have been taken from the Aberration Proficiency
          > > category. In fact there's no difference in the results from doing
          it
          > > this way from doing it with FEAT:Simple Weapons Proficiency.
          > >

          > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@>
          > > wrote:
          > >
          > >> dloyer4 scribed:

          Simple

          > > armor).

          > > the

          > >> Any Aberration you make should have a pool appear on the feats
          tab

          > > named
          > >
          > >> "Aberration Proficiency" which will let you add one of the two
          feats

          > > you
          > >
          > >> named above.
          > >>
          > >> To assign this choice from a kit you use:
          > >>
          > >> ABILITY:CATEGORY=Aberration Proficiency|Simple Weapons
          Proficiency
          > >> --
          > >> ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          > >> ~ PCGen Board of Directors
          > >> ~ Content Silverback, Chair Second

        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
            Sounds like it's getting the feat from somewhere else. If you take those
            tags out of the kit entirely does it go away? What you should then see
            in the Feats tab is an empty pool for Aberration Proficiency which you
            should be able to manually add Simple Weapons Proficiency. If you can't
            because it's already added to the general feat pool it must be coming
            from the race or some other object.
            -Eddy

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
              To be clear, I'm looking at the Feats & Abilities tab in the standrd
              PCGen interface. On the left is a list of available feats displayed by
              Type/Name, on the right is a list of assigned feats displayed by
              Category/Name

              I tried you test...

              Removing the line from the kit.lst removes the feat from the list on
              the right. The feat is still an available feat in the list on the
              left, but has not been "taken" by the creature. If I add the line back
              into the kit.lst the feat appears on the right in the general feat
              pool, not in the aberration proficiency pool

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
                OK, just tried it out and I've replicated what you are seeing. Looks
                like you found a bug of some sort, I'll investigate and open a tracker.
                Thanks for your persistence.
                -Eddy

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
                  I've trackered this problem:
                  [ 2655716 ] ABILITY Kit tag broken
                  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2655716&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                  Thanks again, it's a great help to us when our user identify a problem.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
                    Hi Dennis,

                    I thought you referring to the OS - Output Sheet, which the preview tab
                    and character tab mimic.

                    Yes, you can add different groups easily. You need to read up on
                    ABILITYCATEGORY

                    ABILITYCATEGORY:Fighter Feat <> TYPE:Fighter <> CATEGORY:FEAT <<>
                    VISIBLE:QUALIFY

                    That's a shortened example. That will create an group called Fighter Feat.

                    Looks like Eddy has found a bug from your persistence... Keep up the
                    good work. Just to let you know, James has fixed the Kit not apply
                    skills bug. So the latest autobuild 'should' have that fix.

                    Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin