Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: .lst help or PCGen settings help...not sure which

    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 1, 2009

      It all depends on where you are looking.

      Ability can handle feats, but for us lst monkeys we use AUTO:FEAT and VFEAT to denote a feat and ABILITY:Special Ability|X| to denote anything else (x is either auto or virtual).

      FEATAUTO is already phase out.
      ADD:FEAT has also been phased back (it still has use) and the ABILITYPOOL is used in it's place. (There are some places where ADD:FEAT has a desired function.

      To answer your kit question though, use FEAT. That is its function. To charge the feat pool and grant the feat.

      On the race line use 'HANDS:3'. Hands is used for this specific function. You'll meet the prereq that way. Just count each attack as a hand, so your displacer should have a Bite/Tentacle/Tentacle which is three, which does qualify for multiattack. The feat is looking for HANDS:3 or a greater number.

      For your unconstructed reference you used the wrong syntax.

      ABILITY:FEAT|VIRTUAL|Multiattack

      ABILITY:<CATEGORY>|<NATURE>|<ABILITY NAME>

      For your final issue, well... It's a moot point since the above solves the problem. However, for clarity I'll try to explain - VFEAT isn't used in kits, at least not how your expecting.

      Let's use our friend the Monk again, if we were using kit to select his class abilities, such as his virtual feat selection we use a special tag. And since I'm going from the top of my head, I'm not going to try and put it here, needless to say we do have a tag.

      In your Adv. Displacer - if he got a bonus feat or virtual feat we'd put it on the race line.

      Does that make more sense? Okay, I hope that helps.

      Also, I've discovered a work around to your skills issue. When you create a new character, apply the kit before you select the race or anything else. That method seems to work without a problem. You will need to remove your KIT:1| tag from the race line though, or it won't work.

      The way we've been doing it, create character, choose race, then apply kit has the issue.

      -Andrew

      ________________________________
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 6, 2009
        Eddy Anthony scribed:

        >>> I found out that this idea doesn't work, this tag seems to ignore PRE tags.
        >>
        >> Please file a bug against that... it should work.

        Opps, I totally posted the wrong link that last post, here is the tracker I
        meant to reference:
        [ 2670164 ] BONUS:LANG|BONUS|x ignores PRE tags
        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=384719&aid=2670164&group_i
        d=25576
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)