[TM] Re: Question on Choose

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 23, 2009
      SIZE isn't supported in the CHOOSE docs for RACE, so I believe that is
      why it is a FREQ.

      However, you have highlighted a bug, so can a TM open a new bug for
      the SEVERE error message Rax included below.

      Thanks

      TP.

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "raxthegrey"
      <raxthegrey@...> wrote:

      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "joefrazierjr"
      > <jfrazierjr@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have two abilities I am working on that allow the user to choose an
      > > animal.
      > >
      > > The first allows the character to choose any normal animal of size
      > > small, I'll call this "Talk to the animals":
      > >
      > > CHOOSE:RACE|[RACETYPE=Animal,SIZE=S]
      > >
      > > The list IS filtering for RACETYPE=Animal, but is not filtering for
      > > size. This will then feed in to a SA:Talk to the animals, %CHOICE
      > >
      > > So, this works except it does not filter the size. Each time the
      > > ability is taken, a different animal is allowed.
      > >
      > > --------
      > >
      > > The second is a bit more complex and has a lesser and a greater form I
      > > will call "Animal Shape (lesser)" and Animal Shape (Greater).
      > >
      > > The first is fairly easy. Each time the ability is taken, you can
      > > choose a specific animal, of size D,T, or S, and with a CR <= 1/2.
      > > Each time, you choose a different animal of the same "stats".
      > >
      > > The greater version is specific large animal type of CR 2 or less, and
      > > each time you choose it, you pick a different animal with a higher CR
      > > rating where the increments are +2 CR each time the ability is picked.
      > >
      > > Mainly what I am trying to get at right now is getting the chooser to
      > > filter how I need it to.
      >
      > I found the tracker for this, but I noticed that it's entered as a
      > freq. Per the 5.14.1 docs this is the proper syntax, so shouldn't
      > this be a bug? Unless the tracker is specifically for the SIZE tag,
      > in which case we need a separate bug entered because the syntax given
      > in the docs doesn't work. I'm working on a tweaked version of the
      > Encyclopaedia Arcane - Demonology, specifically the Permanent Control
      > feat and have the following which throws an error.
      >
      > CHOOSE:RACE|[RACETYPE=Outsider,RACESUBTYPE=Evil,RACESUBTYPE=Extraplanar]
      >
      > Here's the error:
      > SEVERE plugin.lsttokens.choose.RaceToken CHOOSE:RACE arguments may not
      > contain , : [RACETYPE=Outsider,RACESUBTYPE=Evil,RACESUBTYPE=Extraplanar]
      > LSTWARN pcgen.persistence.lst.ChooseLoader Error parsing CHOOSE:
      > RACE|[RACETYPE=Outsider,RACESUBTYPE=Evil,RACESUBTYPE=Extraplanar] in
      > Permanent Control of

      file:/H:/Roleplay/Proggies/pcgen/data/my_dataset/MyStuff/mongoosepublishing/encyclopaediaarcane/demonology/demonology_feats.lst
      > LSTWARN plugin.lsttokens.ChooseLst CHOOSE: syntax you are using is
      > deprecated:
      > RACE|[RACETYPE=Outsider,RACESUBTYPE=Evil,RACESUBTYPE=Extraplanar]
      > LSTWARN plugin.lsttokens.ChooseLst Please use CHOOSE:SUBKEY|choices
      > LSTWARN plugin.lsttokens.ChooseLst ... see the PCGen docs

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 23, 2009
        [ 2630795 ] CHOOSE:RACE arguments may not contain , error
        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2630795&group_id=25576&atid=384719

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Board of Directors