help with a few errors

  • Tony Lavalle
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2009
      These are some errors I am getting when tring to load how do I go about
      fixing them

      LSTERROR TYPE is not valid in 'parent' category Force Powers of
      file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/PCGen/PCGen51510/data/starwars_saga_edition
      /starwars_saga_edition/swse_abilitycategories.lst.

      LSTERROR TYPE is not valid in 'parent' category Force Techniques of
      file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/PCGen/PCGen51510/data/starwars_saga_edition
      /starwars_saga_edition/swse_abilitycategories.lst.

      LSTERROR TYPE is not valid in 'parent' category Force Secrets of
      file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/PCGen/PCGen51510/data/starwars_saga_edition
      /starwars_saga_edition/swse_abilitycategories.lst.

      LSTERROR TYPE is not valid in 'parent' category Class Leveling of
      file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/PCGen/PCGen51510/data/starwars_saga_edition
      /starwars_saga_edition/swse_abilitycategories.lst.

      LSTERROR Ability Category Force Talent had no TYPE or ABILITYLIST, but has a
      different CATEGORY

      SEVERE Error parsing file
      file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/PCGen/PCGen51510/data/starwars_saga_edition
      /starwars_saga_edition/swse_feats.lst line 6: TYPE.Heavy

    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2009
        Hi Tony,

        In your Ability Category file, you have something like:

        Force Powers TYPE:<blah> CATEGORY:Force Powers

        Because the name (the first entry) is equal to the CATEGORY: entry,
        this is a "parent" Category. TYPE is not supported in "parent"
        categories, since the presence in a parent category is defined by the
        CATEGORY: tokens that appear in an Ability file, and no further
        restriction is allowed (otherwise, things could end up in "limbo" and
        not be accessible)

        The opposite is true for Force Talent, in that you have something like:
        Force Talent CATEGORY:Force Powers

        Because this is a "subset" of the Force Powers Ability Category (in
        this example, anyway), it requires a TYPE (or ABILITYLIST) token. If
        you want the Force Talent Ability Category to simply be a separate
        point pool, but have all of the Ability objects that are in the Force
        Powers Category, then you should use TYPE:* in the Force Talent line

        TP.

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Lavalle"