Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] how to use prettylst?

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
      On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:19 PM, duroondgr <duroondgr@...> wrote:
      > I know this is probably answered somewhere but I am having trouble
      > finding it. How do I use prettylst to upgrade old datasets to be
      > compliant with newer versions of PCgen? Specifically what commands do
      > I issue? Is there documentation explaining how to use Prettylst
      > somewhere I am just not seeing?

      Basic prettylst instructions are included in the prettylst release
      (that's the prettylst.pl.html file). You must have Perl v5.8.6 or
      later to run PL, Available free from ActiveState:
      http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/

      Basic command line:

      There are some conversions in prettylst, but the PL coders (mainly me)
      weren't really available for the 5.12 to 5.14 conversions. The
      standard conversion option is -c <conversion name>. For the various
      conversions, please see prettylst.pl.html for the names and what each
      does.

      Barak stepped in w/o digging into what I affectionately call the
      tangled mess that is Prettylst, and released a separate Perl script.

      For 5.14 to 5.16, we are going to a Java converter, through (portions
      of) PCGen itself. I haven't had a chance to really delve into it yet.