Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] how to use prettylst?

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
      Hi,

      Prettylst is a powerful program and can do some conversion upgrades, but
      for a move from say 5.12 to 5.14 I would recommend using Barak's
      conversion script.

      If you don't mind the wait of a few more hours, *When I get home*, I can
      put up the explanation on how to use prettylst to do conversions.

      That is if Barak, or Tir don't post be me... :)

      -Andrew (At work)

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
        On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:19 PM, duroondgr <duroondgr@...> wrote:
        > I know this is probably answered somewhere but I am having trouble
        > finding it. How do I use prettylst to upgrade old datasets to be
        > compliant with newer versions of PCgen? Specifically what commands do
        > I issue? Is there documentation explaining how to use Prettylst
        > somewhere I am just not seeing?

        Basic prettylst instructions are included in the prettylst release
        (that's the prettylst.pl.html file). You must have Perl v5.8.6 or
        later to run PL, Available free from ActiveState:
        http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/

        Basic command line:

        There are some conversions in prettylst, but the PL coders (mainly me)
        weren't really available for the 5.12 to 5.14 conversions. The
        standard conversion option is -c <conversion name>. For the various
        conversions, please see prettylst.pl.html for the names and what each
        does.

        Barak stepped in w/o digging into what I affectionately call the
        tangled mess that is Prettylst, and released a separate Perl script.

        For 5.14 to 5.16, we are going to a Java converter, through (portions
        of) PCGen itself. I haven't had a chance to really delve into it yet.