how to use prettylst?

  • duroondgr
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
      I know this is probably answered somewhere but I am having trouble
      finding it. How do I use prettylst to upgrade old datasets to be
      compliant with newer versions of PCgen? Specifically what commands do
      I issue? Is there documentation explaining how to use Prettylst
      somewhere I am just not seeing?
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009

        Prettylst is a powerful program and can do some conversion upgrades, but
        for a move from say 5.12 to 5.14 I would recommend using Barak's
        conversion script.

        If you don't mind the wait of a few more hours, *When I get home*, I can
        put up the explanation on how to use prettylst to do conversions.

        That is if Barak, or Tir don't post be me... :)

        -Andrew (At work)

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
          On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:19 PM, duroondgr <duroondgr@...> wrote:
          > I know this is probably answered somewhere but I am having trouble
          > finding it. How do I use prettylst to upgrade old datasets to be
          > compliant with newer versions of PCgen? Specifically what commands do
          > I issue? Is there documentation explaining how to use Prettylst
          > somewhere I am just not seeing?

          Basic prettylst instructions are included in the prettylst release
          (that's the prettylst.pl.html file). You must have Perl v5.8.6 or
          later to run PL, Available free from ActiveState:
          http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/

          Basic command line:

          There are some conversions in prettylst, but the PL coders (mainly me)
          weren't really available for the 5.12 to 5.14 conversions. The
          standard conversion option is -c <conversion name>. For the various
          conversions, please see prettylst.pl.html for the names and what each
          does.

          Barak stepped in w/o digging into what I affectionately call the
          tangled mess that is Prettylst, and released a separate Perl script.

          For 5.14 to 5.16, we are going to a Java converter, through (portions
          of) PCGen itself. I haven't had a chance to really delve into it yet.