SAB:.CLEAR apparently not working in 5.14.1

  • zirvath
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2009
      Hi All,

      I have a custom class I have implemented and as part of the class
      progression a special ability needs to be replaced by a new one. I
      am basically trying to do what this simple example from the PCGen
      online docs shows:

      CLASS:Toto
      1 SAB:Big Papa
      2 SAB:Big Mama
      3 SAB:.CLEAR.Big Papa SAB:Very Big Papa

      I tried this exact example and "Big Papa" does not get removed and I
      end up with all three abilites when the character hits 3rd level.

      The example I tried comes from here:
      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-
      docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfilesother.html#CLEAR

      Thanks in advance for the help,
      Zirvath
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2009
        zirvath wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > I have a custom class I have implemented and as part of the class
        > progression a special ability needs to be replaced by a new one. I
        > am basically trying to do what this simple example from the PCGen
        > online docs shows:
        >
        > CLASS:Toto
        > 1 SAB:Big Papa
        > 2 SAB:Big Mama
        > 3 SAB:.CLEAR.Big Papa SAB:Very Big Papa

        That's intentional, Using CLEAR with SAB on class lines is no longer
        supported. You can accomplish what you want by using PRE tags instead,
        Here's an example:

        CLASS:Toto
        1 SAB:Big Papa|PREVARLT:CL,3
        2 SAB:Big Mama
        3 SAB:Vary Big Papa

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Board of Directors
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 29, 2009
          Thank you so much - that worked perfectly (once I finally typed
          PREVARLT correctly ;-)

          Might want to get that help page updated to get that obsolete example
          out of there :)

          Thanks,
          Zirvath

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...>