Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] SPROP tag

  • Michael W. Fender
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009
      Accessing archive from "bleaciu"...
      Archive found in file
      > Can the SPROP tag have in-game effects (ex: damage)?

      You can have pretty much what you want to put in. If you want to say it does
      3d6 damage, that's your call. That sword does an extra 2d6 fire and ice
      damage, split evenly? Can do. You can even have variables for the output,
      such as:
      SPROP:Deals %1d6 damage to bananas|TL
      .. which should cause a weapon wielded by a 3rd level character to have on the
      output:
      Deals 3d6 damage to bananas

      BTW, this is something I gotta ask: The docs say SPROP uses only % and not
      %1. Docs need an update there?
      --
      Fluxxdog

      think.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009
        Docs don't need an update unless a coder has changed the code.

        DESC: takes the intelligent %1 substitution
        SA, SAB, SPROP all take the original % order dependent substitution.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        Michael W. Fender wrote:
        > Accessing archive from "bleaciu"...
        > Archive found in file
        >
        >> Can the SPROP tag have in-game effects (ex: damage)?
        >>

        > You can have pretty much what you want to put in. If you want to say it does
        > 3d6 damage, that's your call. That sword does an extra 2d6 fire and ice
        > damage, split evenly? Can do. You can even have variables for the output,
        > such as:
        > SPROP:Deals %1d6 damage to bananas|TL
        > .. which should cause a weapon wielded by a 3rd level character to have on the
        > output:
        > Deals 3d6 damage to bananas
        >
        > BTW, this is something I gotta ask: The docs say SPROP uses only % and not
        > %1. Docs need an update there?

      • Caleb Ulfers
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009
          Earlier I had posted a question about ammunition doing a different amount of damage than the weapon it was fired from, and was told to use the SPROP tag (or so I remember).