SPROP tag

  • bleaciu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2009
      Can the SPROP tag have in-game effects (ex: damage)?
    • Michael W. Fender
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009
        Accessing archive from "bleaciu"...
        Archive found in file
        > Can the SPROP tag have in-game effects (ex: damage)?

        You can have pretty much what you want to put in. If you want to say it does
        3d6 damage, that's your call. That sword does an extra 2d6 fire and ice
        damage, split evenly? Can do. You can even have variables for the output,
        such as:
        SPROP:Deals %1d6 damage to bananas|TL
        .. which should cause a weapon wielded by a 3rd level character to have on the
        output:
        Deals 3d6 damage to bananas

        BTW, this is something I gotta ask: The docs say SPROP uses only % and not
        %1. Docs need an update there?
        --
        Fluxxdog

        think.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009

          I'm not quite understanding the question.

          SPROP is used to display the special properties of a piece of equipment.
          If it's a weapon it will be displayed in the weapon block; armor it will
          show up in the armor section; everything else it will be displayed in
          the equipment block. It's basically just text.

          So, 'SPROP:deals 1d6 cold damage on critical hits' would be displayed,
          it won't alter the damage block, or alter the weapon in any manner.

          'SPROP:adds +1 to hit and damage rolls'
          That would be displayed, but again won't change any properties of the
          weapon. In order to change the weapon, or any item you need to instead
          use the proper token/tags.

          It can also take variable substitutions and PRExxx tags, but other than
          that it just displays the text and in no form alters the properties of
          the item. You would need a BONUS tag to affect the stats of the weapon.

          For example:
          BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT,DAMAGE|1|TYPE=Enhancement
          That would change the weapon by making the To Hit and Damage both be 1
          higher (for damage you'd see +1 after the listed die)

          If that doesn't answer your question, could you please clarify your
          question then.

          Thanks,

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009
            Docs don't need an update unless a coder has changed the code.

            DESC: takes the intelligent %1 substitution
            SA, SAB, SPROP all take the original % order dependent substitution.

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            Michael W. Fender wrote:
            > Accessing archive from "bleaciu"...
            > Archive found in file
            >
            >> Can the SPROP tag have in-game effects (ex: damage)?
            >>

            > You can have pretty much what you want to put in. If you want to say it does
            > 3d6 damage, that's your call. That sword does an extra 2d6 fire and ice
            > damage, split evenly? Can do. You can even have variables for the output,
            > such as:
            > SPROP:Deals %1d6 damage to bananas|TL
            > .. which should cause a weapon wielded by a 3rd level character to have on the
            > output:
            > Deals 3d6 damage to bananas
            >
            > BTW, this is something I gotta ask: The docs say SPROP uses only % and not
            > %1. Docs need an update there?

          • Caleb Ulfers
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009
              Earlier I had posted a question about ammunition doing a different amount of damage than the weapon it was fired from, and was told to use the SPROP tag (or so I remember).