Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Off-Hand Weapon Bonus

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2008

      pulling on my knowledge here
      Here is what you had:

      That should do the trick,
      Q- why 'bonusValue' instead of the more standard 'BonusValue'?

      Obvious errors that can be made since I only see what you've put up here:

      You forget to DEFINE the bonus OR Bonus the variable

      An example of code that should work:

      The various PRExxx tags you can use

      I would avoid PREWEAPONPROF as that only checks to see if you have the
      Proficiency itself and does not check if it is in use.

      Another variation which is used INSIDE the actual weapon, and makes
      things much easier sometimes is:

      Then you tailor the PRExxx tag to either PREWIELD or PREEQUIPSECONDARY

      Last thing is to check and see that you are getting the bonus, if you
      aren't getting the bonus then all the PRExxx won't matter.

      Easy way to test - remove the PRExxx tags

      More accurate but complex is to use the console inside the program.

      Hope that helps more than hinders.

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin