Re: Wild Cohort Feat

  • big_willie_902002
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2008
      ok...doo the tags before the ":" have to be in uppercase or does it
      matter?
      <drew0500@...> wrote:

      > (No response, so using typical reply)
      >
      > Hi Big Will,
      >
      > In order to allow a character access to a creature that mimics an
      animal
      > companion, you must utilize the following tags/tokens
      >
      > Note: <NameGoesHere> must be the same name.
      >
      > In a Feat/Ability File
      > FOLLOWERS:<NameGoesHere>|1
      >
      > COMPANIONLIST:<NameGoesHere>|<Races You want go here>,<Another Race can
      > go here>
      >
      > A method to track the level, as an example
      > DEFINE:CompLevel|0
      > If whomever takes this feat is eligible for full progression then you
      > would add
      > BONUS:VAR|CompLevel|TL
      >
      > In the CompanionMod File:
      > FOLLOWER:<DefinedVariableHere>=<Level or number that must be met or
      > exceeded>
      > TYPE:<NameGoesHere>
      > HD:x (x= number of bonus Hit Die gained at this level)
      > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|x|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE (x= number of points
      granted
      > at this level)
      > BONUS:STAT|STR,DEX|x (x= number for stat gain of Strength and Dexterity
      > at this level)
      >
      > NOTE: Previous Levels are cumulative unless a restrictive type is used
      >
      > Please review the docs and existing set (d20ogl/srd35/basics/
      > rsrd_companionmods.lst & rsrd_abilities_class_base.lst) for further
      > example of this usage.
      >
      > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > ~ Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
      >

      > Andrew Maitland wrote:
      > > Hi Big Will,
      > >
      > > Well, you have to use the generic terms of what you need help with in
      > > order for those who prowl these groups to be able to help...
      > >
      > > e.g. I need a way to add an animal companion creature to my non-druid
      > > character. I'd like the ability to choose any creature.
      > >
      > > However, I'm available and think I understand what you're
      encountering
      > > issue with.
      > >
      > > I'll reply off-list.
      > >
      > > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > > ~ Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
      > > ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin
      > > ~ Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
      > >

      > > big_willie_902002 wrote:
      > >
      > >> I'm playing a campaign and have taken the wild cohort feat listed
      here:
      > >> http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a
      > >> I would like to use PCGen to help calculate the data, rather than
      > >> having to write up a new character sheet every time I get to the next
      > >> set. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the lst files to listen to
      > >> me; I've tried a few before, and am lucky when my creations even show
      > >> up. Any help would be appreciated.

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 2, 2008
        I could be wrong but I recall someone once saying that the code does not see
        case, it converts everything internally to uppercase. That we use upper case
        is just a convention to make it more readable.

        Andrew Maitland scribed:

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • Michael W. Fender
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 2, 2008
          It's good practice to do them in all uppers. As I learned the hard way, it'll
          recognize them either way, but using uppercase for the tags makes them easier
          to pick out, especially when you're working out the kinks in your list file.

          Fluxxdog

          think.
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 2, 2008
            Hi Will,

            Yes, the Token/Tag must be all Upper Case. Anything part of the Tag is
            also upper case, Proper Names are used when calling a Skill Name, An
            Ability Name, a Category, or a User Defined Variable Name.

            In most of the Token Syntax you have the TOKEN:SUBTOKEN|Target, there
            are always exceptions to the rules, which is why the Documentation is an
            invaluable resource which we keep up to date.

            E.g.

            AUTO:FEAT|Dodge

            BONUS:SKILL|Climb,Move Silently|5|TYPE=MyType

            AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE.Simple,Dagger,Pistol

            Exceptions in format:
            ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|My Ability Power
            PREVAREQ:MyVariable,1

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 2, 2008

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 2, 2008
                On Sunday 02 November 2008 11:12:09 am Andrew Maitland wrote:
                > Hi Michael,
                >
                > Which tokens are working when not in upper case? I'm curious because
                > I've not come across any that will work. In all cases those should be
                > flagged as a bug.

                Remember the "Prescience"?
                --
                Fluxxdog

                think.
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 2, 2008

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 2, 2008
                    I tried a few cases of using improper token case, and in all my tests it
                    was flagged 'LSTERROR Illegal Token '<token name>' '<parameters>' and
                    fails, even when I check to see it is not a false positive, (got applied
                    any way).

                    Eddy Anthony wrote:
                    > I could be wrong but I recall someone once saying that the code does not see
                    > case, it converts everything internally to uppercase. That we use upper case
                    > is just a convention to make it more readable.
                    >
                    > Andrew Maitland scribed:
                    >

                    >> Ah, yes the false positive issue...
                    >>
                    >> I'll throw up a tracker if that hasn't already been fixed.
                    >>
                    >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                    >> ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin
                    >> ~ Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
                    >>

                    >> Michael W. Fender wrote:

                    >>> Remember the "Prescience"?

                  • Tom Parker
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 2, 2008
                      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:

                      > I could be wrong but I recall someone once saying that the code does
                      not see
                      > case, it converts everything internally to uppercase. That we use
                      upper case
                      > is just a convention to make it more readable.

                      Not strictly true. Anything after the : should be case insensitive
                      (but isn't necessarily converted entirely to upper case). The tokens
                      MUST be all upper case.

                      TP.