RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Old Data Files and New Version

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 9, 2008
      > Barak's conversion tool is not for the faint hearted, you will need to
      > review the changes and correct anything the converter couldn't figure
      > out. A few issues I encountered to date with it:
      > REPEATLEVEL had issue converting over (v7)

      Andrew, can you send me a sample of something that didn't convert properly
      for the above issue? Everything I have here seems to convert properly (or
      does v7 mean it didn't work in .7 but does in .8?)...

      > ADD:FEAT(Blah) not recognized if trailing number is ommited (Becomes
      > ADD:FEAT||Blah) v8

      This one I just fixed. :)

      I'll upload sometime this weekend (hopefully after Andrew sends me a test
      file to play with and I fix that other issue).

      Barak
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 9, 2008
        Sample file - I converted my homebrew files over, so nothing to sample -
        however, in a class file place a REPEATLEVEL tag in it (try both
        styles), what ended up happening is the whole REPEATLEVEL leading level
        number was gone as was the tag itself, so errors for no class level line.

        v7 is the version I used and noticed the problem (.7)
        v8 is what I noticed when I did another conversion yesterday.

        The log was very useful, it mentioned it couldn't convert the shields
        into profs.

        Cool to hear you fixed the ADD:FEAT issue.

        Sorry for lack of feedback, but *shrugs* it was personal sets, so the
        errors could've been omission on my part or a conversion deal. I figured
        it out after the fact (Converted but didn't run the set for a little
        while later...)

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        Barak wrote:
> [...]

      • Barak
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 11, 2008
          > however, in a class file place a REPEATLEVEL tag in it (try both
          > styles), what ended up happening is the whole REPEATLEVEL leading level
          > number was gone as was the tag itself, so errors for no class level
          > line.

          Ok, I found it. It was happening when the REPEATLEVEL was already in the
          new format. Fixed now. :)

          I'll be uploading an update to the file area in a bit.

          Barak