Re: Spell Lists

  • Brandon Morrison
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6 10:37 PM
      Ahhh...That makes sense and works. Thank you again for your time.

      <drew0500@...> wrote:

      > Ah, a dragon he says...
      >
      > You forgot the most important tag.
      > ADD:SPELLCASTER|Sorcerer
      >
      > With out that the BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer won't work.
      >
      > I can break this down into how classes work and how monster class
      > borrowing classes work.
      >
      > With ADD:SPELLCASTER|Foo
      > You add an actual level, which allows you to BONUS it. You don't need
      > SPELLLIST at that point except for the domain stuff.
      >
      > Without that you need to have an actual SPELLLIST or your own spells
      > (CLASSES:MyCLass=x)
      >
      > Then of course you need the CAST tag which says how many and what
      levels.

      > That's just the tip of the iceberg.
      >
      > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
      >

      > Brandon Morrison wrote:
      > > Alright, I added that, but I'm not getting any spells showing up for
      > > the beastie.
      > >
      > > I borrowed from Black dragons this line of code:
      > > 1

      BONUS:VAR|DRAGONCL|MAX(DRAGONAGE,(VAR("BL=SORCERER")+VAR("CL=SORCERER")))

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7 4:12 AM
        Dragon with multiple spell lists for sorcerer. That's a outstanding
        problem with Red Dragon, etc. SPELLLIST works in the class object
        only, and Red Dragon's use the Sorcerer class, but aren't the sorcerer
        class.....

        We could make them their own class, but that makes the casting
        progression really hard, and doesn't allow the monster to take levels
        of sorcerer and have everything stack nicely.