Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: [PCGEN 5.14.1] Breath Weapon Help

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
      Change it to
      PRESA:1,Breath Weapon
      PRESTAT:1,CON=13

      Though you could make the breath weapon an actual ability object.
      On your class line Change the SAB:blah to
      ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Breath Weapon

      Then place the SAB inside the ability called Breath Weapon. Though I'd
      name it something more unique. Since the overhaul is happening in the
      race abilities I think "Breath Weapon" won't be safe. Try Breath Weapon
      ~ Blah

      For PREABILITY you can use one of two methods

      PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Breath Weapon
      (Name as exactly written Or)
      PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE=BreathWeapon

      Which would require you actually put in a BreathWeapon on the TYPE tag.

      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      Brandon Morrison wrote:
      > That's what I thought too, but then it won't let me choose it because:
      >
      > Requirements: sa: Breath Weapon% at least 1 and CON gteq 13
      >
      > Is it because the breath weapon is setup as an SAB? It seems to think
      > it should be looking for an SA, but isn't SA a depreciated tag?
      >
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
      > <drew0500@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Hi Brandon,
      >>
      >> PRESA:1,Breath Weapon%
      >>
      >> PREABILITY won't work since you don't have it set up as an ability.
      >>
      >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      >> ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin
      >> "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
      >>

      >> Brandon Morrison wrote:
      >>
      >>> Ok, here is my issue.
      >>>
      >>> I've got breath weapons setup like this:
      >>>
      >>> 1 SAB:Breath Weapon (Su) %' Cone of Energy Drain % level(s) DC
      >>> %|BreathWeaponCone|BreathWeaponDice|BreathWeaponDC
      >>>

      >>> Now, I'm creating a feat which needs to check if the creature has a
      >>> breath weapon. Now, I think it should be:
      >>> PREABILITY:1,Category=Special Quality,Breath Weapon%
      >>>
      >>> But I'm not sure. Can anyone help a new monkey out.
      >>>
      >>> Thanks in advance.

    • Brandon Morrison
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
        Thanks, though I took the shortcut and removed the %.

        I'll look at the other way later so I know how to do it.