Re: [PCGEN 5.14.1] Breath Weapon Help

  • Brandon Morrison
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
      That's what I thought too, but then it won't let me choose it because:

      Requirements: sa: Breath Weapon% at least 1 and CON gteq 13

      Is it because the breath weapon is setup as an SAB? It seems to think
      it should be looking for an SA, but isn't SA a depreciated tag?

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
        Change it to
        PRESA:1,Breath Weapon
        PRESTAT:1,CON=13

        Though you could make the breath weapon an actual ability object.
        On your class line Change the SAB:blah to
        ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Breath Weapon

        Then place the SAB inside the ability called Breath Weapon. Though I'd
        name it something more unique. Since the overhaul is happening in the
        race abilities I think "Breath Weapon" won't be safe. Try Breath Weapon
        ~ Blah

        For PREABILITY you can use one of two methods

        PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Breath Weapon
        (Name as exactly written Or)
        PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE=BreathWeapon

        Which would require you actually put in a BreathWeapon on the TYPE tag.

        Brandon Morrison wrote:
        > That's what I thought too, but then it won't let me choose it because:
        >
        > Requirements: sa: Breath Weapon% at least 1 and CON gteq 13
        >
        > Is it because the breath weapon is setup as an SAB? It seems to think
        > it should be looking for an SA, but isn't SA a depreciated tag?
        >
        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
        > <drew0500@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Hi Brandon,
        >>
        >> PRESA:1,Breath Weapon%
        >>
        >> PREABILITY won't work since you don't have it set up as an ability.
        >>
        >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        >> ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin
        >> "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
        >>

        >> Brandon Morrison wrote:
        >>
        >>> Ok, here is my issue.
        >>>
        >>> I've got breath weapons setup like this:
        >>>
        >>> 1 SAB:Breath Weapon (Su) %' Cone of Energy Drain % level(s) DC
        >>> %|BreathWeaponCone|BreathWeaponDice|BreathWeaponDC
        >>>

        >>> Now, I'm creating a feat which needs to check if the creature has a
        >>> breath weapon. Now, I think it should be:
        >>> PREABILITY:1,Category=Special Quality,Breath Weapon%
        >>>
        >>> But I'm not sure. Can anyone help a new monkey out.
        >>>
        >>> Thanks in advance.

      • Brandon Morrison
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
          Thanks, though I took the shortcut and removed the %.

          I'll look at the other way later so I know how to do it.