[PCGEN 5.14.1] Breath Weapon Help

  • Brandon Morrison
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
      Ok, here is my issue.

      I've got breath weapons setup like this:

      1 SAB:Breath Weapon (Su) %' Cone of Energy Drain % level(s) DC
      %|BreathWeaponCone|BreathWeaponDice|BreathWeaponDC

      Now, I'm creating a feat which needs to check if the creature has a
      breath weapon. Now, I think it should be:
      PREABILITY:1,Category=Special Quality,Breath Weapon%

      But I'm not sure. Can anyone help a new monkey out.

      Thanks in advance.
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
        > I've got breath weapons setup like this:
        >
        > 1 SAB:Breath Weapon (Su) %' Cone of Energy Drain % level(s) DC
        > %|BreathWeaponCone|BreathWeaponDice|BreathWeaponDC

        That is not an ability (at least in the sense that the PREABILITY tag
        means), it's a special ability tag on a class level line.

        > Now, I'm creating a feat which needs to check if the creature has a
        > breath weapon. Now, I think it should be:
        > PREABILITY:1,Category=Special Quality,Breath Weapon%

        See note above, re:ability.

        What you want is PRESA (take a look in the docs, I'm in a rush or I'd
        elaborate a bit more).

        Barak
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
          Hi Brandon,

          PRESA:1,Breath Weapon%

          PREABILITY won't work since you don't have it set up as an ability.

          ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

          Brandon Morrison wrote:
          > Ok, here is my issue.
          >
          > I've got breath weapons setup like this:
          >
          > 1 SAB:Breath Weapon (Su) %' Cone of Energy Drain % level(s) DC
          > %|BreathWeaponCone|BreathWeaponDice|BreathWeaponDC
          >

          > Now, I'm creating a feat which needs to check if the creature has a
          > breath weapon. Now, I think it should be:
          > PREABILITY:1,Category=Special Quality,Breath Weapon%
          >
          > But I'm not sure. Can anyone help a new monkey out.
          >
          > Thanks in advance.

        • Brandon Morrison
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
            That's what I thought too, but then it won't let me choose it because:

            Requirements: sa: Breath Weapon% at least 1 and CON gteq 13

            Is it because the breath weapon is setup as an SAB? It seems to think
            it should be looking for an SA, but isn't SA a depreciated tag?

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
              Change it to
              PRESA:1,Breath Weapon
              PRESTAT:1,CON=13

              Though you could make the breath weapon an actual ability object.
              On your class line Change the SAB:blah to
              ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Breath Weapon

              Then place the SAB inside the ability called Breath Weapon. Though I'd
              name it something more unique. Since the overhaul is happening in the
              race abilities I think "Breath Weapon" won't be safe. Try Breath Weapon
              ~ Blah

              For PREABILITY you can use one of two methods

              PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Breath Weapon
              (Name as exactly written Or)
              PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE=BreathWeapon

              Which would require you actually put in a BreathWeapon on the TYPE tag.

              Brandon Morrison wrote:
              > That's what I thought too, but then it won't let me choose it because:
              >
              > Requirements: sa: Breath Weapon% at least 1 and CON gteq 13
              >
              > Is it because the breath weapon is setup as an SAB? It seems to think
              > it should be looking for an SA, but isn't SA a depreciated tag?
              >
              > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
              > <drew0500@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Hi Brandon,
              >>
              >> PRESA:1,Breath Weapon%
              >>
              >> PREABILITY won't work since you don't have it set up as an ability.
              >>
              >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              >> ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin
              >> "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
              >>

              >> Brandon Morrison wrote:
              >>
              >>> Ok, here is my issue.
              >>>
              >>> I've got breath weapons setup like this:
              >>>
              >>> 1 SAB:Breath Weapon (Su) %' Cone of Energy Drain % level(s) DC
              >>> %|BreathWeaponCone|BreathWeaponDice|BreathWeaponDC
              >>>

              >>> Now, I'm creating a feat which needs to check if the creature has a
              >>> breath weapon. Now, I think it should be:
              >>> PREABILITY:1,Category=Special Quality,Breath Weapon%
              >>>
              >>> But I'm not sure. Can anyone help a new monkey out.
              >>>
              >>> Thanks in advance.

            • Brandon Morrison
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
                Thanks, though I took the shortcut and removed the %.

                I'll look at the other way later so I know how to do it.