Questions on Templates

  • Brandon Morrison
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
      Hi: This is pretty much my first time doing anything with lst files, so
      I'm relatively new. Hopefully, my questions aren't too awful (but I
      can't find any help online about creating template lst files. Races -
      yes; Templates - no).

      1. I've got a template where depending on the size of the creature,
      it's bite or claw does different damage. What's the best way to handle
      that.
      2. In addition, it's got a paralysis on the claw with a DC of 10 plus
      half
      the creature's HD plus its Charisma bonus. How's the best way to
      input that.

      3. It's got another ability ability which functions the same way, but
      isn't dependent upon the claw.
      4. The template changes the hitdice (which I know is the HITDIE tag),
      but also adds +1 Hitdice. How does that get handled?
      Thanks for all your help in advance.
      Arholly

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
        Answers in line...

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        Brandon Morrison wrote:
        > Hi: This is pretty much my first time doing anything with lst files, so
        > I'm relatively new. Hopefully, my questions aren't too awful (but I
        > can't find any help online about creating template lst files. Races -
        > yes; Templates - no).
        >
        > 1. I've got a template where depending on the size of the creature,
        > it's bite or claw does different damage. What's the best way to handle
        > that.

        Look at the existing templates. They already have a scaling damage and
        are invoked by TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:
        > 2. In addition, it's got a paralysis on the claw with a DC of 10 plus
        > half
        > the creature's HD plus its Charisma bonus. How's the best way to
        > input that.

        SAB tag.
        SAB:Paralysis DC %|10+(HD/2)+CHA

        Or use the existing Paralysis Special Ability.
        > 3. It's got another ability ability which functions the same way, but
        > isn't dependent upon the claw.

        Use the above method.
        > 4. The template changes the hitdice (which I know is the HITDIE tag),
        > but also adds +1 Hitdice. How does that get handled?
        > Thanks for all your help in advance.

        When you say an additional HD do you mean it gains the benefits from a
        level gain?

        The ADD tag will help you there.