Re: Conversion from 5.12 - 5.14 With CMP datasets

  • cantarellus
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 3 3:20 AM
      I'm trying the script with the last 5.15.1 of PCGen and there are a
      bunch of errors around.
      One is
      SEVERE main LicenseToken:25 Empty LICENSE in campaign file ...
      This is due by the fact that some pcc have an empty LICENSE: line
      Here is a fix
      if ($_ =~ /pcc$/ ) {
      $file_name = $_;
      $base_name = substr($_, 0, rindex($_, "."));
      print LFH $File::Find::dir . "/$file_name \n";
      print "Processing: $file_name \n";
      open( IFH, "< $file_name" ) || die "Can't open race input file:
      $!";
      foreach $line (<IFH>) {
      chomp($line);
      @FileArray = ( @FileArray, $line );
      }
      close(IFH);
      $output_file = $out_path . "/" . $file_name;
      open( OFH, "> $output_file" ) || die "Can't open output file:
      $!";
      foreach $line (@FileArray) {
      # added by Luca Gioppo
      if ( $line =~ /^LICENSE:$/ ) {
      print "Removing empty LICENSE LINE \n";
      next;
      }
      # end add
      print OFH $line . "\n";
      }
      close( OFH );
      }

      Some of the other errors that come out loading stuff are:
      SEVERE Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
      SEVERE Can not determine which parser to use for 'PREDEFAULTMONSTER:Y'
      any hint on those?
      Thanks
      Luca

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi DAvid!
      >
      > CMP is the source for formal announcements on their plans, but Barak
      > has done a great job of creating a script to do most of the 5.12 to
      > 5.14 conversion. You'll find the script in the "Files" section of the
      > PCGenLstFileHelp group website.
      >
      > ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
      > ~ PR Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
      > ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Tamarin
      > ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
      > ~ Tracker Gibbon
      > ~ Tenacious Monkey
      >
      > On Jun 27, 2008, at 4:12 PM, David Jurgens wrote:
      >
      > > I have another question about moving from 5.12 to 5.14 and later. I
      > > use the
      > > CMP datasets in 5.12 and everything works fine. I have not seen
      > > anything
      > > about CMP going to make the datasets compatible with PCGen versions
      > > past
      > > 5.12. Is there a tool that will convert any dataset compatible with
      > > be compatible with 5.14 and later? If not conversion, maybe
      > > something that
      > > will let you know potential problems?
      > >
      > > I am happy with 5.12 but I know that there are some issues fixed in
      > > later
      > > versions and of course new features. I just do not want to loose
      > > the use of
      > > CMP datasets.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > David
      > >
      > > _____

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 5 2:21 AM
        Barak probably needs to respond to this, I'm not sure if his script
        covers beyond 5.14.1 (I doubt that it does).

      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 6, 2008
          PCGen 5.15.7
          Latest Java, etc.

          Before 'abilities' I would check for the existence of an Animal
          Companion by inserting the following:
          |IIF(HASFEAT:Animal Companion)|

          How do I do the same thing for the Ability Animal Companion?

          David
          Papa.DRB

          Grognard <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Grognard.html>
          My better half and me
          <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 6, 2008
            David R. Bender scribed:

            > Before 'abilities' I would check for the existence of an Animal
            > Companion by inserting the following:
            > |IIF(HASFEAT:Animal Companion)|
            >
            > How do I do the same thing for the Ability Animal Companion?

            Try:

            |IIF(count("ABILITIES";"CATEGORY=Special Ability";" NAME=Animal
            Companion")>0)|

            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Board of Directors
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 6, 2008
              You want |IIF(count("ABILITIES"....)>=1)| or something similar.

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 6, 2008
                *cool* !!! and it works...

                One more question and I think my old reliable, and pre 5.14 output
                sheets will be done (for now lol!)

                Good aligned cleric with Earth domain. The provided preview & output
                sheets show turn undead, and both turn & rebuke earth. Any way to have
                them show only turn earth?

                Eddy Anthony wrote:
                > David R. Bender scribed:
                >

                >> Before 'abilities' I would check for the existence of an Animal
                >> Companion by inserting the following:
                >> |IIF(HASFEAT:Animal Companion)|
                >>
                >> How do I do the same thing for the Ability Animal Companion?
                >>

                > Try:
                >
                > |IIF(count("ABILITIES";"CATEGORY=Special Ability";" NAME=Animal
                > Companion")>0)|

              • Eddy Anthony
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 6, 2008
                  David R. Bender scribed:

                  > Good aligned cleric with Earth domain. The provided preview & output
                  > sheets show turn undead, and both turn & rebuke earth. Any way to have
                  > them show only turn earth?

                  I'm not seeing that. When I create a Good aligned cleric with Earth domain I
                  see he has Rebuke Earth and Turn AIR, sure that's not what you're seeing?
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 6, 2008
                    argh, my bad. I gave him both earth and air and saw all 4 possibles and
                    assumed an error.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 6, 2008
                      David R. Bender scribed:

                      > argh, my bad. I gave him both earth and air and saw all 4 possibles and
                      > assumed an error.

                      No problem, good to know it's working.