Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Add feat or skill bonus to equipment

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2008
      Okay... had to run out on a call.

      I want it perfectly clear, TEMPLATE will not work in a equipment file. To do this method, you need to add it manually.

      You can use the TEMPLATE:CHOOSE: method, or just select the proper template. The choice is yours. I'd prefer to make it the two template files, so if the item is ever removed, stolen, or no longer is used, you can remove it.

      Hope this helps. Have fun at your game.

      Andrew (At work)

      Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      Yeah, real life happened. Getting off on time isn't always a happening thing in my profession.

      Okay, so you wanted to do the more complex actions with Template.

      Master Template
      TYPE:MyTemplateMaster
      VISIBLE:DISPLAY
      (Use YES if you want it on the character sheet, otherwise DISPLAY lets you see it only in the program.)
      TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:TemplateFeat1|TemplateSkillBonus

      (Modify the names to WHAT YOU WANT, this is just examples to get you started)

      TemplateFeat1
      VISIBLE:NO
      TYPE:Item
      VFEAT:FeatName
      !PREFEAT:1,FeatName

      TemplateSkillBonus
      VISIBLE:NO
      TYPE:Item
      BONUS:SKILL|SkillName||TYPE=Competence
      PREFEAT:1,FeatName

      Note the difference in the PREFEAT one uses '!' before it, this tells the program to be opposite.

      PREFEAT:1,Foo
      Means I must have Foo to qualify

      !PREFEAT:1,Foo
      Means I must NOT have Foo to qualify

      Template choose only applies once, so this method will work fine. However, if you need to change the choice, you can't inside the GUI.

      Hope this helps.

      And again sorry, I didn't realize you needed detailed instructions for this method. If you need further just ask. I'll be on and off through the day.
      "Mark St. Thomas" wrote:
      I'm still waiting for an answer. I would like to have an answer
      sometime today since the piece of equipment I'm building is for
      tomorrow's campaign. Thx.

      wrote:

      > Yes. I'm not going to be able to provide a lengthy explanation
      until AFTER I get home (Which should be another hour or so).

      > I'll need to pull up my version of 5.13 (Luckily I still have
      installed) and see what I can do.

      > Easiest method. Make two templates. If the guy needs the feat
      give him the feat template, if he needs the skill bonus, give the
      template with skill bonus.