How to change beginning skill calculations

  • Shelley
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2008
      I, too, am attempting to get enough of the Pathfinder Alpha rules to
      work to run a home game. I've figured out how to get around a fair
      amount. I can't figure out how to change (4+int)x4 at the beginning and
      the level change from something like 4 to 4+int.

      For the second part, I've tried MODding classes and putting a
      STARTSKILLPTS:4+INT - it seems to get ignored.

      I haven't found anyting to change the first level calculation.

      Thoughts?

      Shelley
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2008
        On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Shelley <takenote61@...> wrote:
        > I, too, am attempting to get enough of the Pathfinder Alpha rules to
        > work to run a home game. I've figured out how to get around a fair
        > amount. I can't figure out how to change (4+int)x4 at the beginning and
        > the level change from something like 4 to 4+int.

        GameMode, miscinfo.lst,

        SKILLMULTIPLIER:1

        > For the second part, I've tried MODding classes and putting a
        > STARTSKILLPTS:4+INT - it seems to get ignored.

        INT is already there (from gamemode files, that didn't change from
        3.5e to Pathfinder unless I missed something). Just leave
        STARTSKILLPTS:4, and you should be good.