Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Rite of Rebirth - template?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2008
      Short answer is Yes.

      The long answer gets to be more complicated. At this point and time, you can't do it easily. You'd need to use the not operational tag REMOVE:ABILITY or modify the abilities themselves.

      Barring that, you can make a Custom Race, and just change the character to that race (without the bonuses). KISS method here. (Copy the race if need be and remove the calls to the things they'd lose).

      There is more, but I'll leave the simple solution for now. If anyone else wants to pipe up with the more complex methods, they are more than welcome...

      We're talking modding abilities, using vars, or prexxx tags. Basically, I'd keep it simple till the fixes are in place. (Keep the work worth the output).

      -Andrew

      Rich <richard.askham@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      I need to cater for one of the characters in my party who has
      performed a Rite of Rebirth (Draconic Aspect = Heart). Essentially
      this changes his Race from what it is currently (Elf) to a Dragonborn.
      This gives a -2 to DEX, a +2 to CON, and adds a breath weapon. I've
      used a template to do this. Thats the easy bit.

      He also needs to lose all racial traits of his current race. How do I
      do this with a template? Is this possible?

      --

      Rich