Re: Revisiting regional feats

  • Shelley
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 4 12:45 AM
      For the campaign book I'm working on, I handled the Regions a bit
      differently. Not a criticism - just a different way.

      I used Templates. One for the main, overlying region, which then
      makes them pick subregions which are also templates. By assigning
      region and subregions on the appropriate template lines, I could use
      PREREGION and PRESUBREGION all over the place.

      As for your cleric issue, a PREMULT would be the way to go.

      Shelley

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "dm_bolan" <execsys@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      > EDITABLE:YES
      > EDITPOOL:YES
      > FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
      > POOL:1
      > DISPLAYLOCATION:Region
      >
      > my_races.lst : custom races direction from the campaign sourcebook.
      > Where appropriate a similar sub-type was copied. In some
      cases, .MOD
      > was used. This example is typical:
      >
      > Halfling (custom_type)
      > FAVCLASS:Rogue
      > STARTFEATS:2
      > SIZE:S
      > MOVE:Walk,20
      > FACE:5
      > REACH:5
      > LANGAUTO:Common,Halfling
      > LANGBONUS:Dwarven,Gnoll,Goblin,RegionalLanguage1,RegionalLanguage2
      > BONUS:STAT|STR|-2
      > BONUS:STAT|DEX|2
      > BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT.Thrown,TOHIT.Sling|1|TYPE=Racial
      > BONUS:SKILL|Climb,Jump,Listen,Move Silently|2|TYPE=Racial
      > SAB:+2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
      > RACETYPE:Humanoid
      > RACESUBTYPE:Halfling
      > TYPE:Humanoid
      > CR:1/2
      > SOURCEPAGE:custom.rtf
      >
      > my_feats.lst : contains all of the supplemental feats for this
      > sourcebook. A sample:
      >
      > RegionalFeatName1
      > TYPE:General
      > PREPCLEVEL:1
      > DESC:This is one of the regional feats.
      >
      > The PCC loads these five files in addition to the Campaign RSRD.
      >
      > Now, my questions....
      >
      > I need to put a pre-requisite on each regional feat that is a list
      of
      > regions. The character must select a region however, that doesn't
      > seem to populate the "REGION" tag - how do I get the Region
      selection
      > based on class and race to be interrogated by the pre-reqs on the
      > regional feat? I think my answer is PREMULT?
      >
      > The feats grant additional possible bonus languages. However, by
      the
      > time the player has selected a region, its way past selection of
      > bonus languages time. How do I build a list of bonus languages
      first
      > from race, then from region selection and not let the user proceed
      > until the whole list is available to choose from?
      >
      > Under this system, the regional feat for a cleric, is based upon
      his
      > deity/domain system. Once I create the deities, how exactly will I
      > set the regional feats to allow a pre-req of cleric class, specific
      > domain?
      >
      > Any other observations about my methods greatly appreciated. In
      > general, the bonus and auto languages assigned by regional feats
      > supercede the original racial based selections. In the case of the
      > feats, it is a supplmental choice in addition to other feat choices
      > available to the character.
      >
      > Thanks again in advance, take your time, I know I ask some long-ass

    • dm_bolan
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 6 8:41 PM
        Sorry it was at Mr. Maitlands suggestion I used abilities.

        I really could still use some help on the stuff in this thread. I'm
        diligently workingon deities and domains while work on the regional
        feats is stalled.

        Any help appreciated.

        Also, if anyone is interested, I'm running a 3.5 game on Fantasy
        Grounds using PCGen as the character system. Contact me if you want
        details.
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 6 9:18 PM
          You can use either method... the results are the same.

          Send me a private email, or jump on AIM/YAHOO/MSN/IRC (whatever medium
          you prefer) and I can help you finish your project...

          Oooh goodie a game eh?

          Though I prefer the free method - Fantasy Grounds is nice... rptools has
          a nice free mapping program we use for our games.

          ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

          dm_bolan wrote:
          > Sorry it was at Mr. Maitlands suggestion I used abilities.
          >
          > I really could still use some help on the stuff in this thread. I'm
          > diligently workingon deities and domains while work on the regional
          > feats is stalled.
          >
          > Any help appreciated.
          >
          > Also, if anyone is interested, I'm running a 3.5 game on Fantasy
          > Grounds using PCGen as the character system. Contact me if you want
          > details.

        • dm_bolan
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 7 8:19 AM
            Fantasy grounds II integrates nicely with PCGen. I ran my first session
            (first DMing in years, first 3.5 ever) and the combination and FGII and
            PCGen and Skype worked exceptionally well.

            The link to my fantasy grounds campaign is here:

            http://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8574