Re: Eyeballs requested - what the heck am I missing?

  • Shelley
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3, 2008
      Regardless of whether I'm using 5.14 or 5.15.xx from my build, I'm
      still getting these errors.

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Shelley" <takenote61@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm not seeing what's wrong with these and they're all getting
      > flagged the same way. It's telling me CATEGORY=Special Ability|Blah
      > not found; .WHATEVER skipped
      >
      > CATEGORY=Special Ability|Animal Companion.COPY=(CATEGORY=Special
      > Ability|Arcanis Animal Companion)
      >
      > CATEGORY=Special Ability|Arcanis Animal Companion.MOD
      > FOLLOWERS:Arcanis Animal Companion|1 COMPANIONLIST:Arcanis
      > Animal Companion|etcetera COMPANIONLIST:Arcanis Animal
      > Companion|etcetera COMPANIONLIST:Arcanis Animal
      > Companion|etcetera COMPANIONLIST:Animal Companion|etcetera
      > COMPANIONLIST:Arcanis Animal Companion|etcetera
      > COMPANIONLIST:Arcanis Animal Companion|etcetera
      >
      > CATEGORY=Special Ability|Animal Companion.COPY=(CATEGORY=Special
      > Ability|Sentinel Animal Companion)
      >
      > CATEGORY=Special Ability|Sentinel Animal Companion.MOD

      > FOLLOWERS:Arcanis Animal Companion|1 COMPANIONLIST:Arcanis
      > Animal Companion|etcetera
      >
      > CATEGORY=Special Ability|Animal Companion.FORGET
      >
      > CATEGORY=Special Ability|Summon Familiar.COPY=Summon Arcanis
      Familiar

      > CATEGORY=Special Ability|Summon Arcanis Familiar.MOD
      > FOLLOWERS:Arcanis Familiar|1 COMPANIONLIST:Arcanis
      > Familiar|etcetera
      >
      > Shelley

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 3, 2008
        Shelley scribed:

        > Regardless of whether I'm using 5.14 or 5.15.xx from my build, I'm
        > still getting these errors.

        I suspect the problem is with lines like these:

        CATEGORY=Special Ability|Animal Companion.COPY=(CATEGORY=Special
        Ability|Sentinel Animal Companion)

        CATEGORY=Special Ability|Sentinel Animal Companion.MOD
        FOLLOWERS:Arcanis Animal Companion|1 COMPANIONLIST:Arcanis Animal
        Companion|Cat,Dire Animal (Dire Rat),Dog,Dog (Riding)
        SOURCELONG:Player's Guide to Arcanis SOURCEPAGE:p.69

        You are using .COPY to create a new ability from an existing one, I haven't
        done this myself yet (prefer to create stand alone object) and I see the
        docs say there is a new format for it (as we must make reference to
        category)

        The docs show:

        CATEGORY=(foo)|(key).COPY

        This seems incomplete to me (doesn't show the syntax for the new name) but
        my first guess is that the parentheses are not part of the systax, I'd think
        it was something like this:

        So your line might be:

        CATEGORY=Special Ability|Animal Companion.COPY=Sentinel Animal Companion

        I might be wrong, this assumes you can't use COPY to make an ability a
        different CATEGORY but must be the same as the original. Anyway, try it and
        see if that makes the message go away.

        I've flagged James, he can confirm the syntax and I think the doc example
        needs to be more detailed.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3, 2008
          Eddy is correct... you're copying a Special Ability to make another Special Ability so the syntax is
          CATEGORY=Special Ability|Animal Companion.COPY=My Animal Companion

          Then, to to make modifications you use
          CATEGORY=Special Ability|My Animal Companion.MOD
          and then use the tags that need to be modified.

          Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
          Shelley scribed:

          > Regardless of whether I'm using 5.14 or 5.15.xx from my build, I'm
          > still getting these errors.

          I suspect the problem is with lines like these:

          CATEGORY=Special Ability|Animal Companion.COPY=(CATEGORY=Special
          Ability|Sentinel Animal Companion)

          CATEGORY=Special Ability|Sentinel Animal Companion.MOD
          FOLLOWERS:Arcanis Animal Companion|1 COMPANIONLIST:Arcanis Animal
          Companion|Cat,Dire Animal (Dire Rat),Dog,Dog (Riding)
          SOURCELONG:Player's Guide to Arcanis SOURCEPAGE:p.69

          You are using .COPY to create a new ability from an existing one, I haven't
          done this myself yet (prefer to create stand alone object) and I see the
          docs say there is a new format for it (as we must make reference to
          category)

          The docs show:

          CATEGORY=(foo)|(key).COPY

          This seems incomplete to me (doesn't show the syntax for the new name) but
          my first guess is that the parentheses are not part of the systax, I'd think
          it was something like this:

          CATEGORY=|.COPY=