Re: Weapon Prof and Weapon Focus

  • hedron2003
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
      Hi,

      I have used the code you gave me, but it only presents a list of
      weapons the character is already proficient in, not ones he isn't
      proficient in. (using
      CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE=Simple|TYPE=Martial|TYPE=Exotic <tab>
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1)

      How would I add the weapon types that he isn't proficient in, like
      Swords? I know there must be a TYPE.Sword or a TYPE=Sword somewhere,
      but I ma not sure where.

      Cheers

      Hedron

      <drew0500@...> wrote:

      > Hi Hedron,
      >
      > I think I understand your intent, so let me show you how this
      works...

      > This tag chooses any weapons you are currently proficient plus
      Grapple

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
        Sorry, try this:
        CHOOSE:PROFICIENCY|WEAPON|UNIQUE|TYPE.Martial|TYPE.Sword

        Etc... You can do types or by proficiency.

        It should also be showing up on the proficiency list.

        I suppose I should ask, which version are you using?

        These are the valid types in the rsrd set:
        # Sword, Spear, Axe, Bow, Unarmed
        # Melee, Ranged, Thrown, Spell
        # Bludgeoning, Slashing, Piercing
        # TwoHanded, DoubleWeapon, MeleeTwoHanded, Reach
        # MeleeSlashing, MeleePiercing, MeeleBludgeoning, RangedSlashing,
        RangedPiercing, RangerBludgeoning
        # RangedTouch

        hedron2003 wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have used the code you gave me, but it only presents a list of
        > weapons the character is already proficient in, not ones he isn't
        > proficient in. (using
        > CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE=Simple|TYPE=Martial|TYPE=Exotic <tab>
        > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1)
        >
        > How would I add the weapon types that he isn't proficient in, like
        > Swords? I know there must be a TYPE.Sword or a TYPE=Sword somewhere,
        > but I ma not sure where.
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Hedron
        >
        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
        > <drew0500@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Hi Hedron,
        >>
        >> I think I understand your intent, so let me show you how this
        >>
        > works...
        >
        >> This tag chooses any weapons you are currently proficient plus
        >>
        > Grapple
        >
        >> and Ray
        >> CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|Spellcaster.Ray|ADD.Grapple|LIST
        >>
        >> The Weapon Focus Verbage is this:
        >> BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1
        >>

        >> So am I understanding you want to choose ANY weapon whatsoever to
        >>
        > become
        >
        >> proficient and a +1 to hit?
        >> Then I would just use this:
        >> CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE=Simple|TYPE=Martial|TYPE=Exotic
        >> with
        >> BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1
        >>
        >> Don't forget to use
        >> MULT:YES
        >> STACK:NO
        >>
        >> Hope that helps.
        >>
        >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        >> ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin
        >> "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
        >>

        >> hedron2003 wrote:
        >>
        >>> Hi,
        >>>
        >>> How do I add in various levels Weapon Proficieny and Weapon Focus
        >>>
        > for a
        >
        >>> certain type of Weapon. I am currently using
        >>> CHOOSE:PROFICIENCY|WEAPON|UNIQUE|TYPE.Sword to select the weapon
        >>>
        > type,
        >
        >>> but it doesn't appear on the Character's proficiency list. I have
        >>>
        > no
        >
        >>> idea how to add the weapon focus feat for the weapon selected at
        >>>
        > the
        >
        >>> same time.
        >>>
        >>> Any help is appreicated.
        >>>

        >>> Cheers
        >>>
        >>> Hedron

      • hedron2003
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6, 2008
          Hi,

          I tried doing it that way, but it didn't work. I have adapted the
          favored weapon feat from the War Domain, and it works fine. What I am
          using is: CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF|1|TYPE.Hammer[WEAPONPROF][FEAT=Weapon
          Focus]

          Thanks for all your help.

          Hedron