Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Weapon Prof and Weapon Focus

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
      Hi Hedron,

      I think I understand your intent, so let me show you how this works...

      This tag chooses any weapons you are currently proficient plus Grapple
      and Ray
      CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|Spellcaster.Ray|ADD.Grapple|LIST

      The Weapon Focus Verbage is this:
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1

      So am I understanding you want to choose ANY weapon whatsoever to become
      proficient and a +1 to hit?
      Then I would just use this:
      CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE=Simple|TYPE=Martial|TYPE=Exotic
      with
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1

      Don't forget to use
      MULT:YES
      STACK:NO

      Hope that helps.

      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      hedron2003 wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > How do I add in various levels Weapon Proficieny and Weapon Focus for a
      > certain type of Weapon. I am currently using
      > CHOOSE:PROFICIENCY|WEAPON|UNIQUE|TYPE.Sword to select the weapon type,
      > but it doesn't appear on the Character's proficiency list. I have no
      > idea how to add the weapon focus feat for the weapon selected at the
      > same time.
      >
      > Any help is appreicated.
      >

      > Cheers
      >
      > Hedron

    • hedron2003
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
        Hi,

        I have used the code you gave me, but it only presents a list of
        weapons the character is already proficient in, not ones he isn't
        proficient in. (using
        CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE=Simple|TYPE=Martial|TYPE=Exotic <tab>
        BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1)

        How would I add the weapon types that he isn't proficient in, like
        Swords? I know there must be a TYPE.Sword or a TYPE=Sword somewhere,
        but I ma not sure where.

        Cheers

        Hedron

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
          Sorry, try this:
          CHOOSE:PROFICIENCY|WEAPON|UNIQUE|TYPE.Martial|TYPE.Sword

          Etc... You can do types or by proficiency.

          It should also be showing up on the proficiency list.

          I suppose I should ask, which version are you using?

          These are the valid types in the rsrd set:
          # Sword, Spear, Axe, Bow, Unarmed
          # Melee, Ranged, Thrown, Spell
          # Bludgeoning, Slashing, Piercing
          # TwoHanded, DoubleWeapon, MeleeTwoHanded, Reach
          # MeleeSlashing, MeleePiercing, MeeleBludgeoning, RangedSlashing,
          RangedPiercing, RangerBludgeoning
          # RangedTouch

          hedron2003 wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I have used the code you gave me, but it only presents a list of
          > weapons the character is already proficient in, not ones he isn't
          > proficient in. (using
          > CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE=Simple|TYPE=Martial|TYPE=Exotic <tab>
          > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1)
          >
          > How would I add the weapon types that he isn't proficient in, like
          > Swords? I know there must be a TYPE.Sword or a TYPE=Sword somewhere,
          > but I ma not sure where.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Hedron
          >
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
          > <drew0500@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hi Hedron,
          >>
          >> I think I understand your intent, so let me show you how this
          >>
          > works...
          >
          >> This tag chooses any weapons you are currently proficient plus
          >>
          > Grapple
          >
          >> and Ray
          >> CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|Spellcaster.Ray|ADD.Grapple|LIST
          >>
          >> The Weapon Focus Verbage is this:
          >> BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1
          >>

          >> So am I understanding you want to choose ANY weapon whatsoever to
          >>
          > become
          >
          >> proficient and a +1 to hit?
          >> Then I would just use this:
          >> CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE=Simple|TYPE=Martial|TYPE=Exotic
          >> with
          >> BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1
          >>
          >> Don't forget to use
          >> MULT:YES
          >> STACK:NO
          >>
          >> Hope that helps.
          >>
          >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          >> ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin
          >> "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
          >>

          >> hedron2003 wrote:
          >>
          >>> Hi,
          >>>
          >>> How do I add in various levels Weapon Proficieny and Weapon Focus
          >>>
          > for a
          >
          >>> certain type of Weapon. I am currently using
          >>> CHOOSE:PROFICIENCY|WEAPON|UNIQUE|TYPE.Sword to select the weapon
          >>>
          > type,
          >
          >>> but it doesn't appear on the Character's proficiency list. I have
          >>>
          > no
          >
          >>> idea how to add the weapon focus feat for the weapon selected at
          >>>
          > the
          >
          >>> same time.
          >>>
          >>> Any help is appreicated.
          >>>

          >>> Cheers
          >>>
          >>> Hedron

        • hedron2003
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6, 2008
            Hi,

            I tried doing it that way, but it didn't work. I have adapted the
            favored weapon feat from the War Domain, and it works fine. What I am
            using is: CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF|1|TYPE.Hammer[WEAPONPROF][FEAT=Weapon
            Focus]

            Thanks for all your help.

            Hedron