Weapon Prof and Weapon Focus

  • hedron2003
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2008
      Hi,

      How do I add in various levels Weapon Proficieny and Weapon Focus for a
      certain type of Weapon. I am currently using
      CHOOSE:PROFICIENCY|WEAPON|UNIQUE|TYPE.Sword to select the weapon type,
      but it doesn't appear on the Character's proficiency list. I have no
      idea how to add the weapon focus feat for the weapon selected at the
      same time.

      Any help is appreicated.

      Cheers

      Hedron
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
        Hi Hedron,

        I think I understand your intent, so let me show you how this works...

        This tag chooses any weapons you are currently proficient plus Grapple
        and Ray
        CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|Spellcaster.Ray|ADD.Grapple|LIST

        The Weapon Focus Verbage is this:
        BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1

        So am I understanding you want to choose ANY weapon whatsoever to become
        proficient and a +1 to hit?
        Then I would just use this:
        CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE=Simple|TYPE=Martial|TYPE=Exotic
        with
        BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1

        Don't forget to use
        MULT:YES
        STACK:NO

        Hope that helps.

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        hedron2003 wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > How do I add in various levels Weapon Proficieny and Weapon Focus for a
        > certain type of Weapon. I am currently using
        > CHOOSE:PROFICIENCY|WEAPON|UNIQUE|TYPE.Sword to select the weapon type,
        > but it doesn't appear on the Character's proficiency list. I have no
        > idea how to add the weapon focus feat for the weapon selected at the
        > same time.
        >
        > Any help is appreicated.
        >

        > Cheers
        >
        > Hedron

      • hedron2003
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
          Hi,

          I have used the code you gave me, but it only presents a list of
          weapons the character is already proficient in, not ones he isn't
          proficient in. (using
          CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE=Simple|TYPE=Martial|TYPE=Exotic <tab>
          BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1)

          How would I add the weapon types that he isn't proficient in, like
          Swords? I know there must be a TYPE.Sword or a TYPE=Sword somewhere,
          but I ma not sure where.

          Cheers

          Hedron

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
            Sorry, try this:
            CHOOSE:PROFICIENCY|WEAPON|UNIQUE|TYPE.Martial|TYPE.Sword

            Etc... You can do types or by proficiency.

            It should also be showing up on the proficiency list.

            I suppose I should ask, which version are you using?

            These are the valid types in the rsrd set:
            # Sword, Spear, Axe, Bow, Unarmed
            # Melee, Ranged, Thrown, Spell
            # Bludgeoning, Slashing, Piercing
            # TwoHanded, DoubleWeapon, MeleeTwoHanded, Reach
            # MeleeSlashing, MeleePiercing, MeeleBludgeoning, RangedSlashing,
            RangedPiercing, RangerBludgeoning
            # RangedTouch

            hedron2003 wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > I have used the code you gave me, but it only presents a list of
            > weapons the character is already proficient in, not ones he isn't
            > proficient in. (using
            > CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE=Simple|TYPE=Martial|TYPE=Exotic <tab>
            > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1)
            >
            > How would I add the weapon types that he isn't proficient in, like
            > Swords? I know there must be a TYPE.Sword or a TYPE=Sword somewhere,
            > but I ma not sure where.
            >
            > Cheers
            >
            > Hedron
            >
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
            > <drew0500@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Hi Hedron,
            >>
            >> I think I understand your intent, so let me show you how this
            >>
            > works...
            >
            >> This tag chooses any weapons you are currently proficient plus
            >>
            > Grapple
            >
            >> and Ray
            >> CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|Spellcaster.Ray|ADD.Grapple|LIST
            >>
            >> The Weapon Focus Verbage is this:
            >> BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1
            >>

            >> So am I understanding you want to choose ANY weapon whatsoever to
            >>
            > become
            >
            >> proficient and a +1 to hit?
            >> Then I would just use this:
            >> CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE=Simple|TYPE=Martial|TYPE=Exotic
            >> with
            >> BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1
            >>
            >> Don't forget to use
            >> MULT:YES
            >> STACK:NO
            >>
            >> Hope that helps.
            >>
            >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            >> ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin
            >> "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
            >>

            >> hedron2003 wrote:
            >>
            >>> Hi,
            >>>
            >>> How do I add in various levels Weapon Proficieny and Weapon Focus
            >>>
            > for a
            >
            >>> certain type of Weapon. I am currently using
            >>> CHOOSE:PROFICIENCY|WEAPON|UNIQUE|TYPE.Sword to select the weapon
            >>>
            > type,
            >
            >>> but it doesn't appear on the Character's proficiency list. I have
            >>>
            > no
            >
            >>> idea how to add the weapon focus feat for the weapon selected at
            >>>
            > the
            >
            >>> same time.
            >>>
            >>> Any help is appreicated.
            >>>

            >>> Cheers
            >>>
            >>> Hedron

          • hedron2003
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 6, 2008
              Hi,

              I tried doing it that way, but it didn't work. I have adapted the
              favored weapon feat from the War Domain, and it works fine. What I am
              using is: CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF|1|TYPE.Hammer[WEAPONPROF][FEAT=Weapon
              Focus]

              Thanks for all your help.

              Hedron