RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] [TM] Re: How to add Shield bonus to Touch AC

  • Paul Grosse
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
      Why not use var("") ?

      BONUS:COMBAT|AC|var("Shield")|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE

      Paul Grosse
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
        Thanks, but that doesn't work when I try it, either.

        I appreciate all the help...I don't yet understand how variables work
        in PCGen.

        Allen

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Paul Grosse <paul.grosse@...>
        wrote:

        > Why not use var("") ?
        >
        > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|var("Shield")|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE
        >

        > Paul Grosse
      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
          Trackered:

          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2007816&group_id=25576&atid=384719

          David
          Papa.DRB

          Grognard <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Grognard.html>
          My better half and me <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>

          Tom Parker wrote:
          > Open a tracker so this doesn't get lost, please
          >
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
          > <drew0500@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Can we have a Code monkey investigate this please.
          >>

          >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          >> ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin
          >> "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
          >>

          >> allencohn wrote:
          >>
          >>> This doesn't seem to work. But
          >>>
          >>> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|5|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE
          >>>
          >>> Does work. And I've confirmed that 5 is the character's current
          >>> Shield bonus.
          >>>
          >>> Can you think of any way to replace 5 with some variable that
          >>> references the current Shield value?
          >>>
          >>> Many thanks,
          >>> Allen
          >>>
          >>> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland

          >>> types

        • Eric C. Smith
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
            Trackered: 2007840, [LST File Class] Variables

            <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
            func=detail&aid=2007840&group_id=25576&atid=748235>

            Allen wrote:

            > Thanks, but that doesn't work when I try it, either.
            >
            > I appreciate all the help...I don't yet understand how variables work
            > in PCGen.
            >
            > Allen
            >
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Paul Grosse <paul.grosse@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Why not use var("") ?
            > >
            > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|var("Shield")|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE
            > >

            > > Paul Grosse

          • Paul Grosse
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
              Also check the BONUS:COMBAT|AC| tag I tihnk there's some lines that accidently got pated in there.

              Paul Grosse
              Motorized Chassis Engineer
              Monaco Coach Corp.
              606 Nelson's Parkway
              PO Box 465
              Wakarusa, IN 46573
              P: (800) 650-7337
              P: (574) 862-7388
              F: (574) 862-7220

              CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, and any attachments and/or documents linked to this email, are intended for the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying is prohibited. This notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the original sender.