[TM] Re: How to add Shield bonus to Touch AC

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
      Open a tracker so this doesn't get lost, please

      <drew0500@...> wrote:

      > Can we have a Code monkey investigate this please.
      >

      > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
      >

      > allencohn wrote:
      > > This doesn't seem to work. But
      > >
      > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|5|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE
      > >
      > > Does work. And I've confirmed that 5 is the character's current
      > > Shield bonus.
      > >
      > > Can you think of any way to replace 5 with some variable that
      > > references the current Shield value?
      > >
      > > Many thanks,
      > > Allen
      > >
      > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
      > > <drew0500@> wrote:
      > >
      > >> Hm,
      > >>
      > >> Try
      > >>
      > >> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|Shield|TYPE=Touch.REPLACE
      > >>
      > >> I'm looking at the miscinfo.lst file in the system where the AC
      > >>
      > > types
      > >
      > >> are defined.
      > >>
      > >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)

    • Paul Grosse
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
        Why not use var("") ?

        BONUS:COMBAT|AC|var("Shield")|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE

        Paul Grosse

        <drew0500@...> wrote:

        > Can we have a Code monkey investigate this please.
        >

        > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
        >

        > allencohn wrote:
        > > This doesn't seem to work. But
        > >
        > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|5|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE
        > >
        > > Does work. And I've confirmed that 5 is the character's current
        > > Shield bonus.
        > >
        > > Can you think of any way to replace 5 with some variable that
        > > references the current Shield value?
        > >
        > > Many thanks,
        > > Allen
        > >
        > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
        > > <drew0500@> wrote:
        > >
        > >> Hm,
        > >>
        > >> Try
        > >>
        > >> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|Shield|TYPE=Touch.REPLACE
        > >>
        > >> I'm looking at the miscinfo.lst file in the system where the AC
        > >>
        > > types
        > >
        > >> are defined.
        > >>
        > >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)

      • allencohn
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
          Thanks, but that doesn't work when I try it, either.

          I appreciate all the help...I don't yet understand how variables work
          in PCGen.

          Allen

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Paul Grosse <paul.grosse@...>
          wrote:

          > Why not use var("") ?
          >
          > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|var("Shield")|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE
          >

          > Paul Grosse
        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
            Trackered:

            http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2007816&group_id=25576&atid=384719

            David
            Papa.DRB

            Grognard <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Grognard.html>
            My better half and me <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>

            Tom Parker wrote:
            > Open a tracker so this doesn't get lost, please
            >
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
            > <drew0500@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Can we have a Code monkey investigate this please.
            >>

            >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            >> ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin
            >> "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
            >>

            >> allencohn wrote:
            >>
            >>> This doesn't seem to work. But
            >>>
            >>> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|5|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE
            >>>
            >>> Does work. And I've confirmed that 5 is the character's current
            >>> Shield bonus.
            >>>
            >>> Can you think of any way to replace 5 with some variable that
            >>> references the current Shield value?
            >>>
            >>> Many thanks,
            >>> Allen
            >>>
            >>> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland

            >>> types

          • Eric C. Smith
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
              Trackered: 2007840, [LST File Class] Variables

              <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
              func=detail&aid=2007840&group_id=25576&atid=748235>

              Allen wrote:

              > Thanks, but that doesn't work when I try it, either.
              >
              > I appreciate all the help...I don't yet understand how variables work
              > in PCGen.
              >
              > Allen
              >
              > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Paul Grosse <paul.grosse@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Why not use var("") ?
              > >
              > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|var("Shield")|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE
              > >

              > > Paul Grosse

            • Paul Grosse
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
                Also check the BONUS:COMBAT|AC| tag I tihnk there's some lines that accidently got pated in there.

                Paul Grosse
                Motorized Chassis Engineer
                Monaco Coach Corp.
                606 Nelson's Parkway
                PO Box 465
                Wakarusa, IN 46573
                P: (800) 650-7337
                P: (574) 862-7388
                F: (574) 862-7220

                CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, and any attachments and/or documents linked to this email, are intended for the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying is prohibited. This notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the original sender.