How to add Shield bonus to Touch AC

  • allencohn
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 27, 2008
      Hi guys,

      I made a kluge to add the Shield bonus to Touch AC:

      BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE

      That's because in this case I happen to know the shield bonus (with
      enhancements, etc.) is 2.

      But can I do this more elegantly? In particularly, is there some pre-
      defined variable equal to the current shield bonus that I can
      substitute for "2"? (Does PCGen syntax even allow a variable to be
      substituted for "2"?) Or can I create that variable?

      Thanks,
      Allen
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 29, 2008
        Hm,

        Try

        BONUS:COMBAT|AC|Shield|TYPE=Touch.REPLACE

        I'm looking at the miscinfo.lst file in the system where the AC types
        are defined.

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        allencohn wrote:
        > Hi guys,
        >
        > I made a kluge to add the Shield bonus to Touch AC:
        >
        > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE
        >
        > That's because in this case I happen to know the shield bonus (with
        > enhancements, etc.) is 2.
        >
        > But can I do this more elegantly? In particularly, is there some pre-
        > defined variable equal to the current shield bonus that I can
        > substitute for "2"? (Does PCGen syntax even allow a variable to be
        > substituted for "2"?) Or can I create that variable?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Allen

      • allencohn
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 30, 2008
          This doesn't seem to work. But

          BONUS:COMBAT|AC|5|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE

          Does work. And I've confirmed that 5 is the character's current
          Shield bonus.

          Can you think of any way to replace 5 with some variable that
          references the current Shield value?

          Many thanks,
          Allen

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 30, 2008
            Can we have a Code monkey investigate this please.

            allencohn wrote:
            > This doesn't seem to work. But
            >
            > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|5|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE
            >
            > Does work. And I've confirmed that 5 is the character's current
            > Shield bonus.
            >
            > Can you think of any way to replace 5 with some variable that
            > references the current Shield value?
            >
            > Many thanks,
            > Allen
            >
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
            > <drew0500@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Hm,
            >>
            >> Try
            >>
            >> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|Shield|TYPE=Touch.REPLACE
            >>
            >> I'm looking at the miscinfo.lst file in the system where the AC
            >>
            > types
            >
            >> are defined.
            >>
            >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)

          • Tom Parker
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
              Open a tracker so this doesn't get lost, please

              <drew0500@...> wrote:

              > Can we have a Code monkey investigate this please.
              >

              > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
              >

              > allencohn wrote:
              > > This doesn't seem to work. But
              > >
              > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|5|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE
              > >
              > > Does work. And I've confirmed that 5 is the character's current
              > > Shield bonus.
              > >
              > > Can you think of any way to replace 5 with some variable that
              > > references the current Shield value?
              > >
              > > Many thanks,
              > > Allen
              > >
              > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
              > > <drew0500@> wrote:
              > >
              > >> Hm,
              > >>
              > >> Try
              > >>
              > >> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|Shield|TYPE=Touch.REPLACE
              > >>
              > >> I'm looking at the miscinfo.lst file in the system where the AC
              > >>
              > > types
              > >
              > >> are defined.
              > >>
              > >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)

            • Paul Grosse
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
                Why not use var("") ?

                BONUS:COMBAT|AC|var("Shield")|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE

                Paul Grosse

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
                  Thanks, but that doesn't work when I try it, either.

                  I appreciate all the help...I don't yet understand how variables work
                  in PCGen.

                  Allen

                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Paul Grosse <paul.grosse@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Why not use var("") ?
                  >
                  > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|var("Shield")|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE
                  >

                  > Paul Grosse
                • David R. Bender
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
                    Trackered:

                    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2007816&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                    David
                    Papa.DRB

                    Grognard <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Grognard.html>
                    My better half and me <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>

                    Tom Parker wrote:
                    > Open a tracker so this doesn't get lost, please
                    >
                    > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
                    > <drew0500@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> Can we have a Code monkey investigate this please.
                    >>

                    >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                    >> ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin
                    >> "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
                    >>

                    >> allencohn wrote:
                    >>
                    >>> This doesn't seem to work. But
                    >>>
                    >>> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|5|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE
                    >>>
                    >>> Does work. And I've confirmed that 5 is the character's current
                    >>> Shield bonus.
                    >>>
                    >>> Can you think of any way to replace 5 with some variable that
                    >>> references the current Shield value?
                    >>>
                    >>> Many thanks,
                    >>> Allen
                    >>>
                    >>> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland

                    >>> types

                  • Eric C. Smith
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
                      Trackered: 2007840, [LST File Class] Variables

                      <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
                      func=detail&aid=2007840&group_id=25576&atid=748235>

                      Allen wrote:

                      > Thanks, but that doesn't work when I try it, either.
                      >
                      > I appreciate all the help...I don't yet understand how variables work
                      > in PCGen.
                      >
                      > Allen
                      >
                      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Paul Grosse <paul.grosse@>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Why not use var("") ?
                      > >
                      > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|var("Shield")|TYPE=TOUCH.REPLACE
                      > >

                      > > Paul Grosse

                    • Paul Grosse
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
                        Also check the BONUS:COMBAT|AC| tag I tihnk there's some lines that accidently got pated in there.

                        Paul Grosse
                        Motorized Chassis Engineer
                        Monaco Coach Corp.
                        606 Nelson's Parkway
                        PO Box 465
                        Wakarusa, IN 46573
                        P: (800) 650-7337
                        P: (574) 862-7388
                        F: (574) 862-7220

                        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, and any attachments and/or documents linked to this email, are intended for the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying is prohibited. This notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the original sender.