natural weapons

  • revnomad
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2002
      How do I get the Giff headbutt to show in the weapons table. Or do I
      not want it to?
      Confused in Nebraksa
    • tir_gwaith
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 16, 2002
        What do you mean in the Weapon's table? If it is in the
        NATURALATTACKS tag, it will output to the weapon attack section of a
        csheet. You don't buy "equipment" and equip it for natural attacks.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "revnomad" <revnomad@y...> wrote:
        > How do I get the Giff headbutt to show in the weapons table. Or do
        > not want it to?
        > Confused in Nebraksa
      • Norman Prather
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 16, 2002
          Pardon the quote but I want to be certain I understand. Here is the quote from the
          PCGen docs:

          > NATURALATTACKS:Primary natural Weapon|Secondary1|Secondary2|... any natural attacks (Claw, etc.) that the race has. Each weapon is of the
          > format: Weapon Name,Weapon Type,# of attacks at BAB,damage/attack each weapon name must have an entry in a WeaponProf.lst file consisting of
          > Weapon Name TYPE:Natural Weapon type should be of the form: Weapon.Natural.Melee.Slashing.Piercing. # of attacks at BAB can be prepended with
          > an * to prevent normal attack progression; ie. a *2 means 2 attacks at a BAB (of 12), whereas a 2 gives 4 attacks (12/12/7/2) damage is the
          > damage caused by the natural attack.

          As I understand this the Headbutt must be defined in the WeaponProf.lst file then
          refered in the race.lst using the Naturalattacks tag. Yet it continually shows up in
          equipment. I may have done something wrong but I can't find it.

          Comments welcom.
          NTP

          On 17 Feb 2002 at 3:12, tir_gwaith wrote:

          > What do you mean in the Weapon's table? If it is in the
          > NATURALATTACKS tag, it will output to the weapon attack section of a
          > csheet. You don't buy "equipment" and equip it for natural attacks.
          >
          > Tir Gwaith
          > LST Chimp
          >
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "revnomad" <revnomad@y...> wrote:
          > > How do I get the Giff headbutt to show in the weapons table. Or do
          > > not want it to?
          > > Confused in Nebraksa
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Norman Prather
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 16, 2002
            Here is my line for Giff:

            Giff (compiled) 2 -2 0 -1 0 0 Fighter 0
            1 SIZE:L MOVE:30 HEIGHT:M:100:2:8:0:F102:2:8:0
            WEIGHT:M:570:2:10:0:F:600:2:10:0 AGE:14:1:4:1:8:2:8 AC:14
            BONUS:SKILL|SWIM|+2 BONUS:INTIMIDATE|+2 BONUS:POISON|+2
            BONUS:HIDE|-4 LANGAUTO:COMMON, GIFF
            FEAT:TOUGHNESS|IMPROVED UNARMED STRIKE NATURALATTACKS:Heau

            On 17 Feb 2002 at 3:12, tir_gwaith wrote:

            > What do you mean in the Weapon's table? If it is in the
            > NATURALATTACKS tag, it will output to the weapon attack section of a
            > csheet. You don't buy "equipment" and equip it for natural attacks.
            >
            > Tir Gwaith
            > LST Chimp
            >
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "revnomad" <revnomad@y...> wrote:
            > > How do I get the Giff headbutt to show in the weapons table. Or do
            > > not want it to?
            > > Confused in Nebraksa
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • tir_gwaith
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 17, 2002
              For NATURALATTACKS, there currently is defined a Butt (by the
              monmanweaponprofs.lst)
              Othewise you can define Headbutt in your weaponprofs.lst by Headbutt
              [tab]TYPE:Natural

              For the race line:
              NATURALATTACKS:Butt,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Bludgeoning,1,XdY
              where XdY is 1d8 or whatever the damage is.

              Ok, other quick comments to help you:

              BONUS:SKILL|Swim,Intimidate|2

              I don't understand the Poison, unless that has been defined as a
              skill in that campaign, in which the bonuses should be:

              BONUS:SKILL|Swim,Intimidate,Poison|2

              Don't worry about the Hide penalty for being large - that is already
              done by PCGen when displaying the Hide skill - See the Phb's Hide
              skill for that bonus. (HIDSIZEMOD refers to the penalty/bonuses for
              differing sizes)

              AC is now done: AC:10
              BONUS:COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Natural
              or Deflection, depending on what the race has.

              FEAT:Toughness|Improved Unarmed Strike

              Case sensitive issues mostly. Also check your HEIGHT tag - it looks
              like you are missing a colon after the F.

              That should get you going. I hope that answers your question.

              Tir Gwaith
              LST Chimp

              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Norman Prather" <revnomad@y...> wrote:
              > Here is my line for Giff:
              >
              > Giff (compiled) 2 -2 0 -1 0 0
              Fighter 0
              > 1 SIZE:L MOVE:30 HEIGHT:M:100:2:8:0:F102:2:8:0
              > WEIGHT:M:570:2:10:0:F:600:2:10:0 AGE:14:1:4:1:8:2:8 AC:14

              > BONUS:SKILL|SWIM|+2 BONUS:INTIMIDATE|+2 BONUS:POISON|+2
              > BONUS:HIDE|-4 LANGAUTO:COMMON, GIFF
              > FEAT:TOUGHNESS|IMPROVED UNARMED STRIKE NATURALATTACKS:Heau
              >
              > On 17 Feb 2002 at 3:12, tir_gwaith wrote:
              >

              > > What do you mean in the Weapon's table? If it is in the
              > > NATURALATTACKS tag, it will output to the weapon attack section
              of a
              > > csheet. You don't buy "equipment" and equip it for natural
              attacks.

              > > Tir Gwaith
              > > LST Chimp
              > >
              > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "revnomad" <revnomad@y...> wrote:
              > > > How do I get the Giff headbutt to show in the weapons table. Or
              do
              > > > not want it to?
              > > > Confused in Nebraksa
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Service.
            • revnomad@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 17, 2002
                Thanks, I'll review that in detail tomarrow. (I am a pastor so need to focus on
                church on Sundays!) The bonus against poison is from the conversion done by
                ....... I forgot the name.

                Question: Is it possible to create files allowing PCGen to be used for Fudge?
                NTP