Changing cleric spell alignment restrictions - adding school?

  • Shelley
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 15, 2008
      I have a class that says a character can cast any conjuration spell
      regardless of alignment. My first thought was to clear the current
      PROHIBITSPELL tags and add new ones with the added non-restriction.

      However, there doesn't appear to be a PRE tag that fits the situation.
      Any ideas?

      Shelley
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 15, 2008
        PROHIBITSPELL:Blah.Blah|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
        Ability,MyClassAbilityThatExcludes

        Make the MyClassAbilityThatExcludes in your ability file and grant it to
        the class.
        You can also do PREFEAT, but since this is a "Class Ability" in fits the
        Ability file criteria.

        Does that help?

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        Shelley wrote:
        > I have a class that says a character can cast any conjuration spell
        > regardless of alignment. My first thought was to clear the current
        > PROHIBITSPELL tags and add new ones with the added non-restriction.
        >
        > However, there doesn't appear to be a PRE tag that fits the situation.
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > Shelley

      • Shelley
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 16, 2008
          To a point - I still don't know how to say 'do all the alignment
          checking for all the spell schools except conjuration,' but I know
          where to do it.

          <drew0500@...> wrote:

          > PROHIBITSPELL:Blah.Blah|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
          > Ability,MyClassAbilityThatExcludes
          >
          > Make the MyClassAbilityThatExcludes in your ability file and grant
          it to
          > the class.
          > You can also do PREFEAT, but since this is a "Class Ability" in
          fits the
          > Ability file criteria.
          >
          > Does that help?
          >
          > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
          >

          > Shelley wrote:
          > > I have a class that says a character can cast any conjuration
          spell
          > > regardless of alignment. My first thought was to clear the
          current
          > > PROHIBITSPELL tags and add new ones with the added non-
          restriction.

          > > However, there doesn't appear to be a PRE tag that fits the
          situation.
          > > Any ideas?
          > >
          > > Shelley

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 19, 2008
            BUMP

            > To a point - I still don't know how to say 'do all the alignment
            > checking for all the spell schools except conjuration,' but I know
            > where to do it.
            >
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
            > <drew0500@> wrote:
            > >
            > > PROHIBITSPELL:Blah.Blah|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
            > > Ability,MyClassAbilityThatExcludes
            > >
            > > Make the MyClassAbilityThatExcludes in your ability file and grant
            > it to
            > > the class.
            > > You can also do PREFEAT, but since this is a "Class Ability" in
            > fits the
            > > Ability file criteria.
            > >
            > > Does that help?
            > >
            > > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > > ~ Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
            > > ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin
            > > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
            > >

            > > Shelley wrote:
            > > > I have a class that says a character can cast any conjuration
            > spell
            > > > regardless of alignment. My first thought was to clear the
            > current
            > > > PROHIBITSPELL tags and add new ones with the added non-
            > restriction.
            > > >
            > > > However, there doesn't appear to be a PRE tag that fits the
            > situation.
            > > > Any ideas?
            > > >
            > > > Shelley

          • Shelley
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2 6:05 PM
              Still not sure what to do with this. Can PROHITBITSPELL criteria be
              doubled up, as in PROHIBITSPELL:ALIGNMENT.Evil.SCHOOL.Necromancy?

              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg"
              <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

              > BUMP
              >
              > > To a point - I still don't know how to say 'do all the alignment
              > > checking for all the spell schools except conjuration,' but I
              know
              > > where to do it.
              > >
              > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland
              > > <drew0500@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > PROHIBITSPELL:Blah.Blah|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
              > > > Ability,MyClassAbilityThatExcludes
              > > >
              > > > Make the MyClassAbilityThatExcludes in your ability file and
              grant
              > > it to
              > > > the class.
              > > > You can also do PREFEAT, but since this is a "Class Ability" in
              > > fits the
              > > > Ability file criteria.
              > > >
              > > > Does that help?
              > > >
              > > > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              > > > ~ Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
              > > > ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin

              > > spell
              > > current
              > > restriction.

              > > situation.

            • Tom Parker
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2 7:17 PM
                No, a Spell Prohibitor has a single "type" (meaning ALIGNMENT, SCHOOL,
                etc.). There is not currently a method of doing an "AND" join of
                Spell Prohibitors.

                If you want to bring this to _experimental as a proposal,
                PROHIBITSPELL has been converted to a "new" style token, so a change
                like this is a quick exercise, just need to get the chimp "buy-in"

                I'd suggest we use | for OR, meaning:

                PROHIBITSPELL:ALIGNMENT.Evil|SCHOOL.Necromancy

                is equivalent to:

                PROHIBITSPELL:ALIGNMENT.Evil
                PROHIBITSPELL:SCHOOL.Necromancy

                [meaning the two prohibits are independent]

                and we use ; for AND, meaning:

                PROHIBITSPELL:ALIGNMENT.Evil;SCHOOL.Necromancy

                prohibits only Spells that are BOTH Necromancy and Evil.

                TP.

                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Shelley" <takenote61@...>