Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] CHOOSE:Language

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2003
      At 12:56 2003.03.04, Stephan Dohmen <sdohmen1@...> wrote:
      >pcgen 4.3.3 does not display language choices when choosing the
      >Speak Language skill as mentioned in the docs. Is there something
      >wrong with my files?
      >
      >In skills.lst
      >Speak Language USEUNTRAINED:NO TYPE:None.Language
      >CHOOSE:Language(Spoken)
      >
      >In languages.lst
      >Aquan TYPE:Spoken
      >Auran TYPE:Spoken
      >etc

      Just to be sure, the CHOSE:Language assosicated with the Spoken Language skill do not generate a poper automaticaly. You have to select the Ability tab and press the SKILL button beside Languages to chose you new language. The Other button is to chose the language bonus associated with the PC intelligence modifyer.

      In the past, that popup would not appear if the LANGBONUS or LANGAUTO tags for the race had values that were misspelled. When that happened, there was an exception message displayed in the console window.

      I don't see anything wrong with the file example (it's exactly the same thing as the SRD). I just tested the Speak Language skill and it is working as expected with the SRD files.

      Best

      √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>