Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Need lots of Deity Creation Help, Please!

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 18 , May 31, 2008
      Hi Folks!

      Tom Parker wrote:
      > Eric wrote:
      > > Allen wrote:
      > > > REMOVING TURN UNDEAD
      > > >
      > > > Some of my other deities do not grant the turn undead ability. Is
      > > > there
      > > > some sort of Advanced tag to turn off turn undead for those
      > clerics?
      > > >
      > > After doing some checking, and considering that the Turning ability
      > > has/is being converted to the ability object, and further
      > considering
      > > that you do not use domains, the following would remove the turning
      > > ability from any cleric . . . I think . . .
      > >
      > > Create a 'domain', in a domain.lst file, for each diety. (There is a
      > > LST File Class in the docs for Domains) In these domains you can
      > > place all the deity granted abilities.
      > >
      > > To remove the Turn or Rebuke ability, include the following tags in
      > > the appropriate domain entry:
      > > ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|.CLEAR.Basic Turning
      > > AUTO:FEAT|.CLEAR.Cleric Turning
      >
      > Nope, won't work.
      >
      > .CLEAR. is universally for MODS. It operates ONLY at the instant of
      > LST load... it does NOT work at runtime.

      Doh! Thats what I get for thinking . . . :-)

      > You would need some equivalent of REMOVE:FEAT to do something along
      > the line what you are attempting, but we don't have a REMOVE:ABILITY

      I'll have to think some more . . . :-)

      Eric
    • allencohn
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 1 8:56 AM
        Thank you everyone for your fabulous help. I believe I have it all
        sorted out now that I have gone to hand-coding and learned to modify
        SAB with PRECLASS.

        FYI, I'm now guessing that I can handle the skipping Turn Undead from
        within PCGen by simply not selecting Turn Undead from the Feats|Class
        Abilities tab... (I just learned about that option...)

        Best regards,
        Allen