How to fix "NAME deprecated"?

  • Andiy Sen
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2008
      I have the file with the following:
      Acid Arrow.MOD NAME:Melf's Acid Arrow

      What is the correct way to do that now?

      Thanks,
      Andriy
      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2008
        OUTPUTNAME:<InsertNameHere>

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        Andiy Sen wrote:
        > I have the file with the following:
        > Acid Arrow.MOD NAME:Melf's Acid Arrow
        >
        > What is the correct way to do that now?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Andriy

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 7 , May 5, 2008
          Andiy Sen wrote:
          > I have the file with the following:
          > Acid Arrow.MOD NAME:Melf's Acid Arrow
          >
          > What is the correct way to do that now?

          Acid Arrow.MOD OUTPUTNAME:Melf's Acid Arrow

          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        • Andiy Sen
          Message 4 of 7 , May 5, 2008
            > Acid Arrow.MOD OUTPUTNAME:Melf's Acid Arrow
            I seem to remember that OUTPUTNAME is not used everywhere or is this not
            true anymore?

            Thanks,
            Andriy
            Message 5 of 7 , May 5, 2008
              AFAIK it's a global tag. You can use it:
              FEATS
              SKILLS
              SPELLS
              TEMPLATES
              RACES
              DEITIES
              EQUIPMENT
              ABILITIES
              -ABILITYCATEGORY uses a different method (THIS IS THE ONLY EXCEPTION I'M
              AWARE OF)
              LANGUAGES
              Plus others I'm probably forgetting

              Andiy Sen wrote:
              >> Acid Arrow.MOD OUTPUTNAME:Melf's Acid Arrow
              >>
              > I seem to remember that OUTPUTNAME is not used everywhere or is this not
              > true anymore?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Andriy

            • Andiy Sen
              Message 6 of 7 , May 5, 2008
                >> I seem to remember that OUTPUTNAME is not used everywhere or is this
                >> not
                >> true anymore?
                > AFAIK it's a global tag. You can use it:

                Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I meant it is not used everywhere in
                interface.
                For example it shows ok on output sheet but when choosing spells in the GUI
                you need to remember the RSRD name of the spell. Or something like that.

                Thanks,
                Andriy
              • Andiy Sen
                Message 7 of 7 , May 5, 2008
                  > Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I meant it is not used everywhere in
                  > interface.
                  > For example it shows ok on output sheet but when choosing spells in the
                  > GUI
                  > you need to remember the RSRD name of the spell. Or something like that.
                  Now I remember that I've tried to use the option in preferences so it
                  shows OUTPUTNAME in interface but then there were even bigger problems.
                  I guess I could try it again and see if it works correctly now.

                  Thanks,
                  Andriy