[BUMP]Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Removing Access to a domain . . .

  • barak20021
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith"
      <maredudd@...> wrote:
      > > !Possible

      > Can you give me an idea of where to stat looking Tom?

      ROFL.

      That translates to "Not Possible"... note the ! in front. :p

      Barak
    • barak20021
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
        <maredudd@...> wrote:

        > So, would the following statement be accurate?

        > "This tag is used in conjunction with the .MOD and .COPY
        > tags and may not be used for "Run-Time" changes."

        I believe that is the case these days. It changes the objects on file
        load.

        To be fair, several versions ago it didn't act that way, but now it
        does.

        It also sounds like we need to discuss expansion of the REMOVE tag. :)

        Barak
      • Eric C. Smith
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "barak20021" <barak@...> wrote:

          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith"
          > <maredudd@> wrote:
          > > > !Possible
          >
          > > Can you give me an idea of where to stat looking Tom?
          >
          > ROFL.
          >
          > That translates to "Not Possible"... note the ! in front. :p

          DOH!

          Completely missed that . . . :-)

          Thanks!

          Eric
        • Eric C. Smith
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "barak20021" <barak@...> wrote:

            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith"
            > <maredudd@> wrote:
            >
            > > So, would the following statement be accurate?
            >
            > > "This tag is used in conjunction with the .MOD and .COPY
            > > tags and may not be used for "Run-Time" changes."
            >
            > I believe that is the case these days. It changes the objects on file
            > load.
            >
            > To be fair, several versions ago it didn't act that way, but now it
            > does.
            >
            > It also sounds like we need to discuss expansion of the REMOVE tag. :)

            YEah, I was just looking at the code for REMOVE . . .

            Maybe I'll post a note on experimental . . . :-)

            Eric
          • Tom Parker
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
              <maredudd@...> wrote:

              > Hello Again!
              >
              > Barak wrote:
              > > Eric wrote:
              > > > DOMAIN:.CLEAR <tab>
              > > > DOMAIN:Good[PREALIGN:NG],Evil[PREALIGN:NE],
              > > > Chaos[PREALIGN:CN],Law[PREALIGN:LN]
              > > > It didn't work, mostly because the DOMAIN tag
              > > > doesn't take .CLEAR, but I had to try . . . :-)
              > >
              > > Umm, .CLEAR is for a .MOD... it's *not* a runtime change.
              >
              > So, would the following statement be accurate?
              >
              > "This tag is used in conjunction with the .MOD and .COPY
              > tags and may not be used for "Run-Time" changes."

              That is universal across .CLEAR (except for some bad behavior in SA:
              that we fixed by moving to SAB:) so it shouldn't be uniquely
              documented in DOMAIN unless you intend to put it everywhere.

              TP.
            • Eric C Smith
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
                Hi Tom,

                On Apr 28, 2008, at 5:30 PM, Tom Parker wrote:
                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith"
                > <maredudd@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello Again!
                > >
                > > Barak wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Umm, .CLEAR is for a .MOD... it's *not* a runtime change.
                > >
                > > So, would the following statement be accurate?
                > >
                > > "This tag is used in conjunction with the .MOD and .COPY
                > > tags and may not be used for "Run-Time" changes."
                > >

                > That is universal across .CLEAR (except for some bad behavior in SA:
                > that we fixed by moving to SAB:) so it shouldn't be uniquely
                > documented in DOMAIN unless you intend to put it everywhere.

                I was planning on adding that statement to the .CLEAR docs . . . :-)

                Eric
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
                  On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 3:59 PM, barak20021 <barak@...> wrote:
                  > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith"
                  > <maredudd@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > > So, would the following statement be accurate?
                  >
                  > > "This tag is used in conjunction with the .MOD and .COPY
                  > > tags and may not be used for "Run-Time" changes."
                  >
                  > I believe that is the case these days. It changes the objects on file
                  > load.

                  Correct.

                  > To be fair, several versions ago it didn't act that way, but now it
                  > does.

                  huh? I don't remember .MOD applying in run-time ever. .MODs are
                  global (not per character), if that's what you mean.

                  > It also sounds like we need to discuss expansion of the REMOVE tag. :)

                  Always part of the plan. CDOM will make that easier...

                • Tom Parker
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
                    wrote:

                    > Hi Tom,
                    >
                    > On Apr 28, 2008, at 5:30 PM, Tom Parker wrote:
                    > > That is universal across .CLEAR (except for some bad behavior in SA:
                    > > that we fixed by moving to SAB:) so it shouldn't be uniquely
                    > > documented in DOMAIN unless you intend to put it everywhere.
                    > >
                    > I was planning on adding that statement to the .CLEAR docs . . . :-)

                    My point was that I don't think it's appropriate to add it to DOMAIN
                    specifically unless you add it to every other token that supports
                    .CLEAR .... Your plan is still unclear to me.

                    TP.
                  • Eric C Smith
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
                      Hi Tom,

                      On Apr 28, 2008, at 7:56 PM, Tom Parker wrote:
                      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi Tom,
                      > >
                      > > On Apr 28, 2008, at 5:30 PM, Tom Parker wrote:
                      > > > That is universal across .CLEAR (except for some bad behavior
                      > in SA:
                      > > > that we fixed by moving to SAB:) so it shouldn't be uniquely
                      > > > documented in DOMAIN unless you intend to put it everywhere.
                      > > >
                      > > I was planning on adding that statement to the .CLEAR docs . . . :-)
                      >
                      > My point was that I don't think it's appropriate to add it to DOMAIN
                      > specifically unless you add it to every other token that supports
                      > .CLEAR .... Your plan is still unclear to me.

                      Then let me be clear . ..

                      I am not going to add this statement to the DOMAIN docs because I do
                      not believe we need to document where things DO NOT work.

                      I will be adding this statement to the .CLEAR docs to clarify where
                      it IS used.

                      Eric