Re: Removing Access to a domain . . .

  • Eric C. Smith
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
      Hello Again!

      Barak wrote:
      > Eric wrote:
      > > DOMAIN:.CLEAR <tab>
      > > DOMAIN:Good[PREALIGN:NG],Evil[PREALIGN:NE],
      > > Chaos[PREALIGN:CN],Law[PREALIGN:LN]
      > > It didn't work, mostly because the DOMAIN tag
      > > doesn't take .CLEAR, but I had to try . . . :-)
      >
      > Umm, .CLEAR is for a .MOD... it's *not* a runtime change.

      So, would the following statement be accurate?

      "This tag is used in conjunction with the .MOD and .COPY
      tags and may not be used for "Run-Time" changes."

      Eric Smith
      Doc 2nd
    • barak20021
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith"
        <maredudd@...> wrote:
        > > !Possible

        > Can you give me an idea of where to stat looking Tom?

        ROFL.

        That translates to "Not Possible"... note the ! in front. :p

        Barak
      • barak20021
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
          <maredudd@...> wrote:

          > So, would the following statement be accurate?

          > "This tag is used in conjunction with the .MOD and .COPY
          > tags and may not be used for "Run-Time" changes."

          I believe that is the case these days. It changes the objects on file
          load.

          To be fair, several versions ago it didn't act that way, but now it
          does.

          It also sounds like we need to discuss expansion of the REMOVE tag. :)

          Barak
        • Eric C. Smith
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "barak20021" <barak@...> wrote:

            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith"
            > <maredudd@> wrote:
            > > > !Possible
            >
            > > Can you give me an idea of where to stat looking Tom?
            >
            > ROFL.
            >
            > That translates to "Not Possible"... note the ! in front. :p

            DOH!

            Completely missed that . . . :-)

            Thanks!

            Eric
          • Eric C. Smith
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "barak20021" <barak@...> wrote:

              > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith"
              > <maredudd@> wrote:
              >
              > > So, would the following statement be accurate?
              >
              > > "This tag is used in conjunction with the .MOD and .COPY
              > > tags and may not be used for "Run-Time" changes."
              >
              > I believe that is the case these days. It changes the objects on file
              > load.
              >
              > To be fair, several versions ago it didn't act that way, but now it
              > does.
              >
              > It also sounds like we need to discuss expansion of the REMOVE tag. :)

              YEah, I was just looking at the code for REMOVE . . .

              Maybe I'll post a note on experimental . . . :-)

              Eric
            • Tom Parker
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
                <maredudd@...> wrote:

                > Hello Again!
                >
                > Barak wrote:
                > > Eric wrote:
                > > > DOMAIN:.CLEAR <tab>
                > > > DOMAIN:Good[PREALIGN:NG],Evil[PREALIGN:NE],
                > > > Chaos[PREALIGN:CN],Law[PREALIGN:LN]
                > > > It didn't work, mostly because the DOMAIN tag
                > > > doesn't take .CLEAR, but I had to try . . . :-)
                > >
                > > Umm, .CLEAR is for a .MOD... it's *not* a runtime change.
                >
                > So, would the following statement be accurate?
                >
                > "This tag is used in conjunction with the .MOD and .COPY
                > tags and may not be used for "Run-Time" changes."

                That is universal across .CLEAR (except for some bad behavior in SA:
                that we fixed by moving to SAB:) so it shouldn't be uniquely
                documented in DOMAIN unless you intend to put it everywhere.

                TP.
              • Eric C Smith
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
                  Hi Tom,

                  On Apr 28, 2008, at 5:30 PM, Tom Parker wrote:
                  > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith"
                  > <maredudd@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello Again!
                  > >
                  > > Barak wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Umm, .CLEAR is for a .MOD... it's *not* a runtime change.
                  > >
                  > > So, would the following statement be accurate?
                  > >
                  > > "This tag is used in conjunction with the .MOD and .COPY
                  > > tags and may not be used for "Run-Time" changes."
                  > >

                  > That is universal across .CLEAR (except for some bad behavior in SA:
                  > that we fixed by moving to SAB:) so it shouldn't be uniquely
                  > documented in DOMAIN unless you intend to put it everywhere.

                  I was planning on adding that statement to the .CLEAR docs . . . :-)

                  Eric
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
                    On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 3:59 PM, barak20021 <barak@...> wrote:
                    > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith"
                    > <maredudd@...> wrote:
                    >

                    > > So, would the following statement be accurate?
                    >
                    > > "This tag is used in conjunction with the .MOD and .COPY
                    > > tags and may not be used for "Run-Time" changes."
                    >
                    > I believe that is the case these days. It changes the objects on file
                    > load.

                    Correct.

                    > To be fair, several versions ago it didn't act that way, but now it
                    > does.

                    huh? I don't remember .MOD applying in run-time ever. .MODs are
                    global (not per character), if that's what you mean.

                    > It also sounds like we need to discuss expansion of the REMOVE tag. :)

                    Always part of the plan. CDOM will make that easier...

                  • Tom Parker
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
                      wrote:

                      > Hi Tom,
                      >
                      > On Apr 28, 2008, at 5:30 PM, Tom Parker wrote:
                      > > That is universal across .CLEAR (except for some bad behavior in SA:
                      > > that we fixed by moving to SAB:) so it shouldn't be uniquely
                      > > documented in DOMAIN unless you intend to put it everywhere.
                      > >
                      > I was planning on adding that statement to the .CLEAR docs . . . :-)

                      My point was that I don't think it's appropriate to add it to DOMAIN
                      specifically unless you add it to every other token that supports
                      .CLEAR .... Your plan is still unclear to me.

                      TP.
                    • Eric C Smith
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 28, 2008
                        Hi Tom,

                        On Apr 28, 2008, at 7:56 PM, Tom Parker wrote:
                        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi Tom,
                        > >
                        > > On Apr 28, 2008, at 5:30 PM, Tom Parker wrote:
                        > > > That is universal across .CLEAR (except for some bad behavior
                        > in SA:
                        > > > that we fixed by moving to SAB:) so it shouldn't be uniquely
                        > > > documented in DOMAIN unless you intend to put it everywhere.
                        > > >
                        > > I was planning on adding that statement to the .CLEAR docs . . . :-)
                        >
                        > My point was that I don't think it's appropriate to add it to DOMAIN
                        > specifically unless you add it to every other token that supports
                        > .CLEAR .... Your plan is still unclear to me.

                        Then let me be clear . ..

                        I am not going to add this statement to the DOMAIN docs because I do
                        not believe we need to document where things DO NOT work.

                        I will be adding this statement to the .CLEAR docs to clarify where
                        it IS used.

                        Eric